Evilbert2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingClitoris said:
Trying to install IOS57-64-5918.wad

I get ERROR! (ret=1)

Im sure its a really easy fix and im just being noob about it.

Did you manager to solve this, i get the same thing when trying to install from ios249

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A ret=-1 error means that the installer is trying to do an offline install but can not find the WAD it needs. This can be caused by many things from problems with the SD card or improper naming and location of the source WAD. If you are using Waninioko's cIOSx rev20b, then you need to place a copy of the base WAD, in this case IOS57-64-v5918.wad, in the root, SD:/, directory of the SD card, not in the SD:/WAD directory. I notice that in your post you are missing the v in the WAD file name, IOS57-64-v5918.wad, that could be your issue as well. If you need to download a copy of IOS57, you can always use NUSD on your PC.

-[]D

Evilbert2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PPSainity said:
A ret=-1 error means that the installer is trying to do an offline install but can not find the WAD it needs. This can be caused by many things from problems with the SD card or improper naming and location of the source WAD. If you are using Waninioko's cIOSx rev20b, then you need to place a copy of the base WAD, in this case IOS57-64-v5918.wad, in the root, SD:/, directory of the SD card, not in the SD:/WAD directory. I notice that in your post you are missing the v in the WAD file name, IOS57-64-v5918.wad, that could be your issue as well. If you need to download a copy of IOS57, you can always use NUSD on your PC.

-[]D

Thank you for you reply, i'm pretty sure i put it in the /wad directory so this must be where im going wrong. I'll give this a try when i get in later

Muzzwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need Help

Where Shall i put the wad file?

I put it in the wads folder and it didnt work.

I don't get the sd:/

roots

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
Muzzwii said:
I need Help

Where Shall i put the wad file?

I put it in the wads folder and it didnt work.

I don't get the sd:/

roots

Put it in no folder, just at the root of the SD card. "SD:/" means the base directory of the SD card, much like "C:\" means the base directory of your hard drive on Windows.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: