Hacking cIOSx Rev20b -- Games Freeze

bradalanmiller

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I updated to Rev 20b from Rev14 and now some of my games don't work via CFG USB Loader or GX. The odd thing is if I delete them from my HD and then re-install them from disc, they work fine. I have about 80 games on my HDD and about 20 of them don't work now.

Has anybody else encountered this?

bradalanmiller

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I guess nobody else has encountered this. Oh well, all I had to do was re-install about 20 games (ripped from disc) and oddly they all work just fine now.

Weird!

bradalanmiller

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Actually none of them were dual layered.

I did this test after I re-installed a couple games...

First verify the games worked with 249rev20b, which they did. Then I re-installed 249rev17 and they stopped working again. So then I deleted/re-installed the games AGAIN and they worked once again under rev17. Same thing happened when I then upgraded back to 20b and so on and so forth. It seems my Wii doesn't like it when I change between the two. I must be missing something. Either way I now have:

rev17 in 249
rev20b[56] in 250
rev20b[57] in 251
rev20b[37] in 247

All the games work fine and every one except guitar hero and monster hunter tri work with rev17 in 249.

Hope that makes sense.

fastz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, I may have experienced this too. None of my games will play on 249 or 250. I have installed and reinstalled various combinations of cIOS 249 bases and slots (248,249,250) with no luck. I should stabilize and reinstall games that don't work to see if it's the issue.
No problems when switching hermes, but some games still have issues.
Thanks for the tip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1