cIOSx Rev20b -- Games Freeze

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bradalanmiller, Dec 6, 2010.

1. bradalanmiller
    OP

bradalanmiller Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2010
    United States
    So I updated to Rev 20b from Rev14 and now some of my games don't work via CFG USB Loader or GX. The odd thing is if I delete them from my HD and then re-install them from disc, they work fine. I have about 80 games on my HDD and about 20 of them don't work now.

Has anybody else encountered this?

2. bradalanmiller
    OP

bradalanmiller Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2010
    United States
    by the way, used base 56 to slot 249. some games include madagascar 2, ghostbusters, all the guitar heros.

3. bradalanmiller
    OP

bradalanmiller Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2010
    United States
    So I guess nobody else has encountered this. Oh well, all I had to do was re-install about 20 games (ripped from disc) and oddly they all work just fine now.

Weird!

4. Zetta_x

Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

Mar 4, 2010
    United States
    Were they dual layered games?

5. bradalanmiller
    OP

bradalanmiller Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2010
    United States
    Nope. Actually none of them were dual layered.

I did this test after I re-installed a couple games...

First verify the games worked with 249rev20b, which they did. Then I re-installed 249rev17 and they stopped working again. So then I deleted/re-installed the games AGAIN and they worked once again under rev17. Same thing happened when I then upgraded back to 20b and so on and so forth. It seems my Wii doesn't like it when I change between the two. I must be missing something. Either way I now have:

rev17 in 249
    rev20b[56] in 250
    rev20b[57] in 251
    rev20b[37] in 247

All the games work fine and every one except guitar hero and monster hunter tri work with rev17 in 249.

Hope that makes sense.

6. fastz

fastz Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2010
    United States
    hmm, I may have experienced this too. None of my games will play on 249 or 250. I have installed and reinstalled various combinations of cIOS 249 bases and slots (248,249,250) with no luck. I should stabilize and reinstall games that don't work to see if it's the issue.
    No problems when switching hermes, but some games still have issues.
    Thanks for the tip