Not open for further replies.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wii Speak does not support a modified IOS56? Just download an unmodified IOS56 through NUS Downloader and install that through wad manager.

Thanks for pointing this prob out for me, LightyKD.

Oh, and about Animal Crossing, could you please try running it through the latest Gecko OS and tell me if it works? (I'm going to try it soon, I need to burn it to disc first)

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Animal Crossing works through a loader just not through the disc channel... As for Wii speak is the following the right wad I need to search for? (look below)

IOS56-64-v4890.wad

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tested whether any of the IOS reload games work when played through a USB loader after cIOScorp 3.1 has been installed? Specifically, I am referring to games such as Sam & Max or Call of Duty 3 that do not work even with alt-dol loading. For those that do not know, here is a list of the games I'm referring to.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
Animal Crossing works through a loader just not through the disc channel... As for Wii speak is the following the right wad I need to search for? (look below)

IOS56-64-v4890.wad

...Ok Wii Speak fixed!

I Guess Animal Crossing, GhostBusters and Indiana Jones are the next targets!

K

Kurisuellegarden

I had issues loading up Animal Crossing using this cIOSCORP. =[ So, I reverted back to version 1. I'm not sure how to fix it.

I set preloader to IOS 60 also after installing it. I ran Rune Factory Frontier and THAT game worked, then I tried Animal Crossing, it was a no go. =[

pm_41

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
cIOSCORP is too risky...
frown.gif

NeoGamma FTW!!!

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pm_41 said:
cIOSCORP is too risky...
frown.gif

NeoGamma FTW!!!

Sometimes the rewards are worth the risk. I dont think any of us would be here if we were not willing to risk our Wii's for the common good of modding. Now here's a good question. Anybody having problems with Conduit's Multiplayer mode like Lagging in the menus and connection failures?

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
xfcrowman said:
FYI - for those of you who are wondering why some people have issues with cIOScorp, read this thread. The posts by wiiblaster and bushing are particularly relevant.

I no longer use cIOScorp after reading this and other related threads, but ultimately the decision to use anything is up to you.
Yeah this new one doesn't do this anymore. It uses the newest IOSs and doesn't change the version number.
I checked the TMD it looks like it does change the version number looks like he maxed them all out, guess nintendo updates won't be able to remove this cioscorp.lol

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yep. Try loading them through the latest gecko OS, or force them to run under IOS36 (this DOES have #002 error removal, as it used rev13b's DIP instead (to support SSBB)

And here's another game to add to the target list: Sam and Max: Season One. In all of my wii hacking/homebrew/cIOSCORP experience, this one has NEVER worked for me (freezes just before episode select screen, so I either just use a modchip, or I don't bother playing it at all lol)

WAIT!

Is Animal Crossing Wii The ONLY GAME THAT RUNS UNDER IOS38? If so I can change cIOSCORP v3.1's IOS38 to use rev13b's DIP instead if you guys want.

Oh, and I'm going to put the ES_Identify patch into IOSes 30 and 50, so preloader is unaffected.

And yes I maxed out the version number, to block those nasty Nintendo updates, and to make sure it will work on LU64+ consoles.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_letter_a said:
Yep. Try loading them through the latest gecko OS, or force them to run under IOS36 (this DOES have #002 error removal, as it used rev13b's DIP instead (to support SSBB)

And here's another game to add to the target list: Sam and Max: Season One. In all of my wii hacking/homebrew/cIOSCORP experience, this one has NEVER worked for me (freezes just before episode select screen, so I either just use a modchip, or I don't bother playing it at all lol)

WAIT!

Is Animal Crossing Wii The ONLY GAME THAT RUNS UNDER IOS38? If so I can change cIOSCORP v3.1's IOS38 to use rev13b's DIP instead if you guys want.

Oh, and I'm going to put the ES_Identify patch into IOSes 30 and 50, so preloader is unaffected.

And yes I maxed out the version number, to block those nasty Nintendo updates, and to make sure it will work on LU64+ consoles.

Will doing this fix the um... Conduit Situation because the menu in multiplayer is laggy and buggy like crazy and I cant even connect properly XP

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
da_letter_a said:

WAIT!

Will doing this fix the um... Conduit Situation because the menu in multiplayer is laggy and buggy like crazy and I cant even connect properly XP

Is the conduit problem happening to everyone or just you trying to decide if i want to install this. oh i think conduit uses ios55 but not sure

edit: added the quote

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can say its so bad Im playing Grand Slam Tennis to get my online fix
frown.gif
(I dont hate GST, i really love it but I was really looking to play Conduit tonight)

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
riahc3 said:
So this is highly recommened for say a Twilight Hack'd 3.3e?

This and NeoGamma.

I would Recommend CiosCorp but NOT this version... just too many issues. I would either do this

-Install CiosCorp version 2
- Then use Wad manager to install Cios 60bf and the following from CiosCorp1 33, 35,53,55

or

-The other choice would be to wait for another version of CiosCorp with more bug fixes. The intention behing the 3.1 release was good but the execution ended up being slightly. I say give it a few more days till all the bugs are worked out. As always, I'm ready to assist any coder if needed. Im not trying to be a negative nancy and I appreciate the hard work. Im just being honest so that we can all reach a end result that will benefit the community.

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just tested Animal Crossing Wii with both rev14 IOS38 and rev13b IOS38. Both black screen. Load it under IOS249 and it works fine. So I'm gonna install IOS249 rev13b in IOS38's slot.

As for The Conduit I've only just got the game so I can't test multiplayer yet as I don't know anything about The Conduit yet. It uses IOS55 though, as does Sonic and the Black Knight. rev13b's DIP gives #001 error with Sonic and the Black Knight, but rev14 gives wifi problems with The Conduit. It's like it's either one or the other, ugh. Maybe I could use a DIP Module from an older cIOS (rev8, 9, 10, or 11 maybe? I'll try rev 11's DIP for IOS55)

njchris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_letter_a said:
Just tested Animal Crossing Wii with both rev14 IOS38 and rev13b IOS38. Both black screen. Load it under IOS249 and it works fine. So I'm gonna install IOS249 rev13b in IOS38's slot.

As for The Conduit I've only just got the game so I can't test multiplayer yet as I don't know anything about The Conduit yet. It uses IOS55 though, as does Sonic and the Black Knight. rev13b's DIP gives #001 error with Sonic and the Black Knight, but rev14 gives wifi problems with The Conduit. It's like it's either one or the other, ugh. Maybe I could use a DIP Module from an older cIOS (rev8, 9, 10, or 11 maybe? I'll try rev 11's DIP for IOS55)

I have 4.1u on my Wii and Rev13a. I ran Cioscorp 3.1 and installed. Conduit Multiplaer works (just played it to test it). Sonic Black Knight works and Animal Crossing Wii works.

Oh, I use configurable USB Loader

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@njchris. We're talking about disc loading here. USB Loading defaults to the cIOS38 rev13a (IOS249) you have installed.

@LightyKD. I just played The Conduit for the first time on multiplayer, using cIOSCORP v3.1's IOS55.

The transition between multiplayer menus are a bit laggy, but after that, it seems to work fine for me.

honeypa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should we expect a new release of cIOSCORP v3.2 since I've read through the thread and your making some modifications that aren't in the original package; therefore, I'm assuming that cIOSCORP v3.1 is a beta version, and that we should expect a new release sometime soon?

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
xfcrowman said:
Has anyone tested whether any of the IOS reload games work when played through a USB loader after cIOScorp 3.1 has been installed? Specifically, I am referring to games such as Sam & Max or Call of Duty 3 that do not work even with alt-dol loading. For those that do not know, here is a list of the games I'm referring to.

Those games will not be affected by cIOSCORP when using a loader as it is the loader that has to support it

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a few things I have noticed

Sometimes using the old cIOSCORP if I left a disc in my wii and switched off then on quickly it wouldnt get recognised (all fine now)
Gamecube games seem to get recognised a lot faster (especially multi disc)

and what is this conduit multiplayer bug everyone keeps going on about. I have played online quite a lot since getting rev14 and never had any hangs or lag anywhere in the game??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No IKEA shit breaks within a month bed bath and beyond goes beyond
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus pictures don't always cut it with furniture when there's like 10 different bolt styles and they're just like figure it out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach: