Gambia, The

Chemodile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Who except me was warning to if use cioscorp, then use v1?
Literally every post in this thread that isn't by you or the OP is somebody who's warning the OP to either use brick protection if he chooses to install cIOSCORP, or to not use cIOSCORP at all.

Where exactly are "all of these cioscorp fanboys" who "aren't warning" him that you speak of?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Chemodile said:
WiiPower said:
Who except me was warning to if use cioscorp, then use v1?
Literally every post in this thread that isn't by you or the OP is somebody who's warning the OP to either use brick protection if he chooses to install cIOSCORP, or to not use cIOSCORP at all.

Where exactly are "all of these cioscorp fanboys" who "aren't warning" him that you speak of?

You don't get the point. Cioscorp v1 is nasty but works for on non-boot2v4 Wiis. While v2 does not work.

clownz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe i did something strange...but Ive never had a problem with cioscorp, I can run any game from the disc channel without any problems and I am on system menu 4.0. I also have disc loaders, and usb loaders and no problems at all.

am i just one of the only ones who have never had a problem? With the USB loader I dont use it as much but I am sure in the future it may come in handy and I am glad to have it on my wii.

I will say to have preloader installed as a precaution because when using the upgrade guide if you mess up you can always get back to square one.

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All these negative comments about cIOSCORP are scaring me a bit. I've had the first cIOSCORP for about a 6 months, no problem. Whats so wrong with it?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Phratt said:
All these negative comments about cIOSCORP are scaring me a bit. I've had the first cIOSCORP for about a 6 months, no problem. Whats so wrong with it?

Are you able to use the HackMii installer?

elvis24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started on 3.2e, used cioscorp v1 when it came out, have since gone upto 4.0e, have bootmi v1, preloader 0.29, and have installed cioscorp v2, have installed cios rev 10 and now 13a, I can play all games through disc channel and neogamma r4. The only probs have ever had have been with the newer games i.e ghostbusters on usb. But on disc it plays straight away no eject method etc.. needed.
I would always have brick protection but from my experience I cannot fault cioscorp, obviously need the newer cios revisions as we go but other than that all works fine.

What are the probs with it?

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
Phratt said:

Are you able to use the HackMii installer?

Nope, but a simple reïnstall of IOS36, and then again the cIOS36 is doing the trick.
tongue.gif

I know cIOSCORP is bad, but for my little sister it's the perfect solution.

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been off the scene for a while so I don't know. Whats Hackmii?

Also, I know this is off topic but I've downloaded SSBB, Excitebots and No more heroes, and none of them worked.

I got the Error 2 for Excite bots, a black screen for SSBB, and a reboot for no more heroes (it'd take me back to the menu).

I tried using the error 2 fix with gamma and Softchip but none of them worked. I have cIOSCORP, Preloader .28, and Starfall.

Please don't suggest USB loading, because I dont have the money for a Harddrive so thats out of the question.

BillandAlisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phratt said:

Also, I know this is off topic but I've downloaded SSBB, Excitebots and No more heroes, and none of them worked.

I got the Error 2 for Excite bots, a black screen for SSBB, and a reboot for no more heroes (it'd take me back to the menu).

I tried using the error 2 fix with gamma and Softchip but none of them worked. I have cIOSCORP, Preloader .28, and Starfall.

Please don't suggest USB loading, because I dont have the money for a Harddrive so thats out of the question.

Backuploader gamma is now old. Look into Neogamma.

Agix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have also had CIOSCORP v1 for ~ 5 months on a 3.2U system with no problems. I am still running off of one of the original USB loaders with CIOS rev 8 (?) with no problems. I installed the first bootmii just fine and made a nand backup. I then installed the updated bootmii and had to use a gamecube controller to complete the installation (wii controllers would lose sync). Not sure what all the problems are with the hackmii installer, but I didn't have any major issue.

It sounds like it would be in my best interest to remove CIOSCORP v1. It would be nice to revert back to original IOS's since I don't use the disc channel anymore. I'll have to read how to do this to be sure, but I imagine I would use something like anyregionchanger to revert back to 3.2.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
clownz said:
maybe i did something strange...but Ive never had a problem with cioscorp, I can run any game from the disc channel without any problems and I am on system menu 4.0. I also have disc loaders, and usb loaders and no problems at all.

am i just one of the only ones who have never had a problem? With the USB loader I dont use it as much but I am sure in the future it may come in handy and I am glad to have it on my wii.

I will say to have preloader installed as a precaution because when using the upgrade guide if you mess up you can always get back to square one.

Same here. Its been fine since day one. probably 90% of games run via disk channel perfectly. no 002 errors, no 001 errors. Only issues arise with games like ghost busters (for which i now use my channel version of R6 (thanks wiipower)) and some out of region games that contain no PAL video.

Mad Dog McRee gives me "wrong tv type" error, so i have to force disc region in R6 to play it.

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BillandAlisha said:
Phratt said:

Backuploader gamma is now old. Look into Neogamma.

Thanks, it worked great, though do you know anyway I can just play them without using Neogamma? Or atleast a Neogamma channel?

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your on 3.2, cioscorp v1 works perfectly with no issues. If your on 4.0, forget it. it caused me random bricks. both v1 and v2. Stay away from cioscorp if your on 4.0, until an updated version is released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It is mothers day I need to give @BigOnYa's wife a call
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    And your own @SylverReZ ?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I know who I need to call. :ninja:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ghostbusters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    "Hello, this the feds?"
    +1
    Go ahead. I think there's a phone at my mums grave :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lucky
    +1
    I think we buried mum still sitting on the Lode 🚽 :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You aren't British
    +1
    Aye mate
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because you drive on the wrong side of the road
    +1
    :rofl2: We built the cars first. Ask Mr Ford :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No the brits did they figured out horse power first
    Everyone else is just Knock-offs :tpi:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how much damage a horse would do to modern cars
    There ya go. always thinking Negative. :sad:
  • Wholesome @ Wholesome:
    hamburger
    Hot Dogs 🌭 🌭
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: Come to think of it, I might make 🌭 for lunch today. A change of pace :) With chili, cheese, onions, relish n mustard :D
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    who'd be angrier if we pinged them, juan or leo?
    +1
    Juan
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Someone has to delete Leo's thread to make him angry
    +2
    [awaits for him to notice something] :blush::ha::evil:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back