Hacking Cioscorp compatibility list

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed ciosocrp and now I can't play any games through the disc channel because they play in black and white.

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cioscorp may get updated with the new source from dack's loader so you can load multi wii game dvd in the disc channel but we have to wait until dack releases his source

micahkanchan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Littlegreenmen said:
getting black screen with trauma center new blood
does this need a specific ios
No. Trauma Center New Blood works perfectly. Check the region. Then the burn. Then your disc. Then check if you have a proper installation of CIOSCORP.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
CIOScorp will never be updated if Wiigator or Waninkoko don't release a newer cIOS for a launcher, and there is nothing wrong with CIOScorp, it has the same issues Gamma has, of course Gamma launcher can modify the way the game gets loaded, that is why it is more propable a dirty game will work with Gamma that whit the disc channel...!!!
smile.gif

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys i dont know how to edit the compatibility list for gamma so im just gonna say it right here lol do people just go to the menu and assume a games working? because i backed up my resident evil 4 no problems with it good burn etc etc i did tests on the disc and everything so don't say bad burn please lol spoilers

i was playing resident evil 4 got to the part where you have that thing chasing you in the sewers (it comes from above you gotta dodge and duck etc etc and knock down liquid nitrogen tanks hope you guys can remember that part) i get in the elevator go up cut scene starts i watch it it ends and bamn black screen power button on the wiimote does nothing and i gotta get up and hold down the power button on the wii my only solution of course is throw in the original get past the cut scene and save but im tired of backing up my games and playing them (i used the backups so if they get scratched/broken i still have my original intact) and using the compatibility list as a reference on if if even worth backing up my disc and then have it turn out that its unpassable at certain points when hmm last time i looked 22 people confirmed re4 as fully working sorry for my long rant
smile.gif
lol

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hea most people just stick it in play for about 5min or so, and say it fully works, thats how it always goes. with alot of games

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
kyle007 said:
hey guys i dont know how to edit the compatibility list for gamma so im just gonna say it right here lol do people just go to the menu and assume a games working? because i backed up my resident evil 4 no problems with it good burn etc etc i did tests on the disc and everything so don't say bad burn please lol spoilers

i was playing resident evil 4 got to the part where you have that thing chasing you in the sewers (it comes from above you gotta dodge and duck etc etc and knock down liquid nitrogen tanks hope you guys can remember that part) i get in the elevator go up cut scene starts i watch it it ends and bamn black screen power button on the wiimote does nothing and i gotta get up and hold down the power button on the wii my only solution of course is throw in the original get past the cut scene and save but im tired of backing up my games and playing them (i used the backups so if they get scratched/broken i still have my original intact) and using the compatibility list as a reference on if if even worth backing up my disc and then have it turn out that its unpassable at certain points when hmm last time i looked 22 people confirmed re4 as fully working sorry for my long rant
smile.gif
lol
that is the result of people just watching the logo of the game and the main menu on the screen then they assume the game playable and done deal , next
wink.gif

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i figured as much its not such a pain though can just pop in the original get to the next save point and then continue on with the backup but i mean how could they say 99%/100% playable if they havent even played ALL of it it just confuses me to heck lol has anyone else experienced that bug in re4?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
kyle007 said:
yeah i figured as much its not such a pain though can just pop in the original get to the next save point and then continue on with the backup but i mean how could they say 99%/100% playable if they havent even played ALL of it it just confuses me to heck lol has anyone else experienced that bug in re4?
the best list I trust is my trial and error one it is so accurate
wink.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DarkLG said:
I installed ciosocrp and now I can't play any games through the disc channel because they play in black and white.

Then you installed something wrong, black&white playback means you get PAL output on you NTSC Wii, did you use the correct system menu file?

blitzer320 said:
cioscorp may get updated with the new source from dack's loader so you can load multi wii game dvd in the disc channel but we have to wait until dack releases his source

Until now, nobody was able to add some code to the disc channel loading, if somebody was capable of this, you would have a preloader hack ike "load games with video mode xxx" (like PAL 480i or NTSC 480p).

QUOTE(ether2802 @ Feb 17 2009, 05:10 AM)
CIOScorp will never be updated if Wiigator or Waninkoko don't release a newer cIOS for a launcher, and there is nothing wrong with CIOScorp, it has the same issues Gamma has, of course Gamma launcher can modify the way the game gets loaded, that is why it is more propable a dirty game will work with Gamma that whit the disc channel...!!!
smile.gif

Wasn't there an issue with some music game (Rock Band 2?) with IOS33 and usb instruments? And what if nintendo releases new IOS, won't cioscorp get cIOS versions of these?

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Wasn't there an issue with some music game (Rock Band 2?) with IOS33 and usb instruments? And what if nintendo releases new IOS, won't cioscorp get cIOS versions of these?

Yeah... if you play RB2 via launcher or menupatched disc channel, basically anything that forces cIOS249, your RB1 instruments don't work, and your DLC doesn't get transferred OFF the NAND. It will copy to SD correctly after D/L but the copy in NAND doesn't get erased. This is because cIOS249 is based of IOS36. RB2 uses IOS37.

magic12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
kyle007 said:
smile.gif
lol

I don't have any problems with RE4. i just finished playing game from the beginning to the end.
3.2 PAL WII with CIOSCorp - PAL game

GnatGoSplat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kyle007 said:

smile.gif
lol

I don't have that problem with Gamma. RE4 NTSC USA on Korean Wii converted fully to USA.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well hmm maybe i got a bad rip? the file size was what it was supposed to be etc etc i'll try to rip it again thanks guys.

kallstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to add more to the list but I too can confirm that RE4 plays perfectly ALL the way through. 100%. That happens to be my little brothers favorite game. He has beaten the game from start to finish at least 5 times as well as frequently playing parts of it with his buddies.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
WiiPower said:
ether2802 said:
smile.gif

I have RB2 fully working, RB1 was the one with troubles because it need the usb drivers found in IOS37, but CIOScorp has a cIOS37 with IOS37 as base, unfortunately I don't have usb instruments to confirm if it works, but I'm sure it works...!!
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ether2802 said:
WiiPower said:
ether2802 said:
smile.gif

I have RB2 fully working, RB1 was the one with troubles because it need the usb drivers found in IOS37, but CIOScorp has a cIOS37 with IOS37 as base, unfortunately I don't have usb instruments to confirm if it works, but I'm sure it works...!!
smile.gif

Well i think i read from somebody with rb2 and he reported that the game 1. requested ios33 and 2. the usb instruments were broken, at least the microphone. I think it's possible that there's an updated IOS33 with usb instrument drivers and the cIOS33 is not based on this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-