kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
i think hese suggesting using preloader to run sysmenu from 249 or patch all your games to 249...either way it doesnt really amount to what CORP did in the beginning which was pretty much flawless disc channel loading albeit at 3x instead of 6x but hey watcha want for free.

i'm unaware of any other ways, because since bootmii, usb gx and rev14 my wii is complete...no more daily checks until i get xbmc or linux wifi
tongue.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I actually changed with preloader the IOS to 249, and activate the IOS reload hack, but the game never shows at the disc channel, so I don't think CIOScorp is outdated or unnecesary, and cIOS_r14 gives error 002 when launching from channels made with cLoader, so I'm still at cIOS_r9...!!
biggrin.gif

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
either way wanin would need to release the dip module from rev14 (i dunno if this is already out there, but its not on his github.) so someone could redo corp.

a little birdy told me that a new installer is nearly ready that downloads the ios, patchs and installs all in one go.....it might even come from a certain ex-theme related group lol.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nicksassa was making something like that after I told him to, but he is not close to release it, it is going to be kind of a "Multi_IOS/cIOS Installer" but you will only be able to inject the DIP module to cIOS_r10 maximun, cause after that the DIP module are several patches and .app files injected directly into the title...!!
smile.gif

FireFreek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
....you can do that with Preloader and cIOS rev 14. Why would you do it the hard way when you can do it that way, which is both safer and easier?

Easier? Maybe.
Safer? No. Its like all the IOS are workers in santa's factory, and CIOSCORP brainwashes them into making steroids to give to children.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think WiiBlaster has any plans on creating a new cIOScorp.
You could do it yourself if you want, it's not that hard.

Here's the cIOScorp creation thread:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=127363&st=0

As the others have said, you can load backups from the disk channel with preloader and rev 14.
I think you just need the trucha bug in your system menu IOS and the IOS reload hack.

BenieUK

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
As the others have said, you can load backups from the disk channel with preloader and rev 14.
I think you just need the trucha bug in your system menu IOS and the IOS reload hack.

I tested this out the day rev14 was released, seemed to work good until i tried to go into my wii system settings and was unable to
frown.gif
it just hangs the wii.

PAL 4.1 with bootmii as boot2 and rev14.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BenieUK said:
QUOTE said:

I tested this out the day rev14 was released, seemed to work good until i tried to go into my wii system settings and was unable to
frown.gif
it just hangs the wii.

confirmed
PAL 4.1, rev14

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
First: I guess there won't be a new cIOSCORP, since the DIP-Plugin isn't open-source
unsure.gif
. Second: I mean, why do all Kiddies Scream: OMG, I wantz Loadig from disk Canel!!!? Yeah shure, it's easier for them
rolleyes.gif
. Well, get NeoGamma, modify the Source a bit so it Autoboots if you launch it (if you get the Source of the existing Autoboot, remove an "IF" command), install a Channel, done. Much safer, easier, better. There are even Channel that look like the Disc Channel with Spinning Discs, etc.

Summary:
-Forget cIOSCORP
-->Brick Chance High, not for stupid people, not better than loaders.
-Forget IOS Reload Hack/Patching Menu
-->Makes menu unstable (at least patching)
-Loaders are a pure win
-->Up-to-date, Cheats, Force Language/Mode, easy updating, etc...

LexLuthor

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't understand why there is such hostility.
Loaders are fine, but if you want the ease of disk channel loading (and it is much nicer), and you understand the risk.. then CIOSCORP is great.

To be honest, I really like CIOSCORP, I've had it installed for a long long time with no problems at all.
Just dont be dumb.

Backup your NAND before hand.
Make your you follow each step carefully.
Its not rocket science.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmmm... finally somebody has started talking about cIOSCORP v3...

Do you really want to know when cIOSCORP v3 will be released, or even if it exists?

Well...

It does! I've already made it myself! I've already given it to testers and I've gotten good results. I haven't uploaded my final version to the internet yet as my internet speed was slowed, due to going over my download quota, but it should speed back up to normal around the middle of next week, and I'll upload it then. I've already uploaded an older version of my cIOSCORP v3 to rapidshare a while ago (but some games give #001 error with this older release). The final one is called cIOSCORP v3.1.

This cIOSCORP is based on the latest available IOS, so it _SHOULD_ be LU64 compatible.

I can provide a link to cIOSCORP v3 if you want, and if I gain permission to do so (It contains wads.)

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't understand the whole fuss either.
Sure CIOSCORPS is not the safest and best way to do it, but at least it is pretty save to launch games from disc channel. And i must say i prefer disc channel loading too. And i hope they will make a new version some day with cios14

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My cIOSCORP v3.1 does use rev14's DIP, except for IOSes 30, 36, 50, and 60, (which use rev13b's DIP) as rev14 breaks dual layer support (SSBB)

And yes I prefer using disc channel loading over changing loader settings. I just pop in a disc and play!

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
they shouldn't do idiotic things like deleting all ios's cause they want to delete cioscorps. i mean how stupid can you be? :s and even so, i mean all users of homebrew are warned to be sure of what they do as "all" homebrew can brick their wii... so they shouldn't complain.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mousex said:
BenieUK said:
QUOTE said:

frown.gif
it just hangs the wii.

confirmed
PAL 4.1, rev14

Hmm, just tried this and everything is working fine.
Some games are giving the 002 error, but I expected that.

NTSC-U 4.1, trucha patched IOS60, cIOS38 rev 14

LexLuthor

Trophies
XP
Country
Arm the Homeless said:
cIOSCORP is stupid. Anyone who thinks otherwise is also stupid.

Prove me wrong.

Use a loader.

The proof is in the fact the simple install worked perfectly for me however many months ago I installed it on my 4.0 Wii. And since then I have been able to flawlessly boot all my backups via the disk channel without the tiresome use of a loader. On top of that I get to see the sexy looking channel animation.

Whilst I obviously use a USB loader as well, CIOSCORP is a great way to boot backups that otherwise wouldn't fit on my HDD.

I honestly can't see how you could think this is stupid..
Even If I did accidentally manage to gut my Wii of all its IOS files (and this would have to be a pretty monumental screw up), then I keep a fairly upto date NAND backup so I could just restore my Wii to exactly how it was (or even better just reinstall them via preloader, if I could).

Prove me wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt