Hacking cIOS38 build 24/01/10 Installer

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well Im wondering why any coder dont work on a updated cMIOS with USB support . The first gamecube USB loader would be awesome.

bushing wrote something regarding MIOS and USB on the wiibrew forums why I think that this is never gonna happen, but I didnt understand very much so I might be wrong here though =P

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Although off topic, I'm curious. It was mentioned that the newer Wii can't play any sort of DVD. If that's the case should I assume that my Wii is older since I can play GameCube backups with GC Backup Launcher for Wii by WiiGator?

I just got it at the end of '09 and it came with v3.4 preinstalled.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Kayot said:
Although off topic, I'm curious. It was mentioned that the newer Wii can't play any sort of DVD. If that's the case should I assume that my Wii is older since I can play GameCube backups with GC Backup Launcher for Wii by WiiGator?

I just got it at the end of '09 and it came with v3.4 preinstalled.
Yup, you have an older, backup-happy Wii drive.

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keep getting this when trying to compile

> "make"
dip.c
/bin/sh: arm-eabi-gcc: command not found
dma.c
fat.c
plugin.c
tools.c
wbfs.c
arm_syscalls.s
dip_calls.s
stub.s
syscalls.s
arm-eabi-ld -g -EB -T/c/projects/waninkoko-dip-plugin-77ece7a/scripts/link.ld --gc-sections -static -Map waninkoko-dip-plugin-77ece7a.map -nostartfiles -nostdlibs -o waninkoko-dip-plugin-77ece7a.elf dip_c.o dma_c.o fat_c.o plugin_c.o tools_c.o wbfs_c.o arm_syscalls_s.o dip_calls_s.o stub_s.o syscalls_s.o
make[1]: arm-eabi-ld: Command not found
make[1]: *** [waninkoko-dip-plugin-77ece7a.elf] Error 127
"make": *** [all] Error 2

I have the latest ppc and arm, as well as the latest libogc, and my evironment variables are all correct

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
Well Im wondering why any coder dont work on a updated cMIOS with USB support . The first gamecube USB loader would be awesome.

bushing wrote something regarding MIOS and USB on the wiibrew forums why I think that this is never gonna happen, but I didnt understand very much so I might be wrong here though =P
From what I've read, it's that MIOS doesn't really have much to do with it. In order for it to work you'd also have to modify BC and boot2. Good luck working with those and not messing things up.

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could't bc be changed on sneek?
So if it bricks you don't actually brick
biggrin.gif

So if your trying to code it and mess up u don't mess up your wiii

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
FenrirWolf said:
WiiBricker said:

From what I've read, it's that MIOS doesn't really have much to do with it. In order for it to work you'd also have to modify BC and boot2. Good luck working with those and not messing things up.
It would be a nightmare.
The easiest way I could think of getting it happening, and this would be with horrific compatibility, would be to patch the Gamecube games roughly to run in Wii mode, and then use a Wii mode loader to pull the files from the hard drive.

Seriously, I doubt we'll see it happen, and if it does happen, at best we could hope for compatibility similar to the PoC Wii Disc Loader.

wiiman123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Riicky said:
keep getting this when trying to compile

> "make"
dip.c
dma.c
fat.c
plugin.c
tools.c
wbfs.c
arm_syscalls.s
dip_calls.s
stub.s
syscalls.s
arm-eabi-ld -g -EB -T/c/projects/waninkoko-dip-plugin-77ece7a/scripts/link.ld --gc-sections -static -Map waninkoko-dip-plugin-77ece7a.map -nostartfiles -nostdlibs -o waninkoko-dip-plugin-77ece7a.elf dip_c.o dma_c.o fat_c.o plugin_c.o tools_c.o wbfs_c.o arm_syscalls_s.o dip_calls_s.o stub_s.o syscalls_s.o
make[1]: arm-eabi-ld: Command not found
make[1]: *** [waninkoko-dip-plugin-77ece7a.elf] Error 127
"make": *** [all] Error 2

I have the latest ppc and arm, as well as the latest libogc, and my evironment variables are all correct
you have to change the directory code from /opt/devkitarm to /c/devkitpro/devkitarm if u r on windows.

secondly it only compiles the dip plugin, not the actual installer, so no point compiling

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Unfortune said:
Bloodlust said:
Still sticking with rev14 & hermes v4 for D9 compatibility

Doesn't rev 17 have DVD9 capability?
It does, but not completely. There was a bit at the end of the second layer it couldn't read since wanin didn't set the DVD9 limit high enough, which caused dumps to not be 1:1 (which is bad for dump "purists", like me).

I've just downloaded the DIP plugin source, and I'm going to compile it and test it.

@wiiman123
Not necessarily. You could compile the plugin, then overwrite cIOS249 rev17's DIP plugin (inside the DIP module) with the modified plugin using a hex editor, then write the modified DIP module to NAND with FSToolbox.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emeraldman94 said:
This should be stickied. I would love to be able to find this thread easily. WOHOOO GO WANIN!
Most recent browser support a feature called "Favourites", try it with your important topics. You'll get a list with every site/topic you set as favourite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol