ext2/3/4 is much more widely used
yaywii.gif

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol @ the reiser4 jokes. You never expect coders to be the ones who go apeshit. Well, aside from that guy who just flew the plane into the IRS office.

Don't get overwhelmed, waninkoko.
yaywii.gif

unicode2CP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
If the next release of cIOS would be really biggest update ever, it should be marked as rev20 at least - that's my opinion, maybe I'm wrong.
(Also in numerology number 18 represents very unhappy number
tongue.gif
)

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it still going to have mload support as well as built in modules? If so I don't see why it matters so much now. Waninkokos building in fat support, and he doesn't like NTFS. But if you want NTFS support just load different modules.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
waninkoko said:
Seriously, I prefer adding reiser4 support rather than NTFS -.-
But the offset list has nothing to do with NTFS (at least not directly). You could use it for NTFS but you don't have to. Don't you want to include it because it would make NTFS support possible? Then you shouldn't use HDDs either, they can be NTFS formatted, they don't have to but you could.

jus227

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I hope you all are doing well today! I just had a quick question regarding the rev18 update. Please forgive me for my n00bness regarding this. I have been out of the loop for awhile. My wii currently has ios 249 rev 7. I know this is an old version obviously. Am I in bad shape with that version on here? I just want to see if I can just upgrade right away to the newest revision, or do I have to do incremental steps up to it? I have done so many things to this wii and managed not to brick it yet. I just obviously dont want to brick it and was just looking to see what disadvantage I am at by being on revision 7. Thank you very much for your time. I really do appreciate all that this forum has been able to help me with. Thank you all!!

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just run the latest installer and you'll jump to whatever version you're installing. And no, you won't brick anything since the installers don't mess with anything critical to the system.

mew512

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry but has rev 18 been released yet and if so could i have a link havent checked this thread in a while

jus227

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Just run the latest installer and you'll jump to whatever version you're installing. And no, you won't brick anything since the installers don't mess with anything critical to the system.

Thank you very much for your time and help!!! I really do appreciate you taking the time to help me. I just wanted to make sure I don't do anything stupid so I am not on here crying later on that I bricked my Wii. Thanks again and have a great day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: j cole apologized and took back his diss, drake didn't, and got flamed by kendrick in another...