Hacking cIOS rev18 comming in about a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkpal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping for IOS Reload Blocking (on games like Metroid Prime Trilogy). I own the game disc itself, but it would be exceptional to have it load even faster.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wes11ph said:
if he can beat rev 14 and fixed teh bugs on rev 17, i'll update to rev18. for sure
You mean the one bug that actually doesn't affect anything aside from scrambling data that just gets scrubbed away anyway?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiiluver135 said:
WiiBricker said:
wiiluver135 said:
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THING WII LET THIS FIX THE LAGGY MENUS IN THE CONDUIT!

Buy the game, it is worth the money
tongue.gif
Had the game for a week, problem was still there. It's not the burn it's the IOS
its not the IOS,
its the cIOS.

if you had the original game and original IOS, the game would not lag.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
wiiluver135 said:
WiiBricker said:
wiiluver135 said:
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THING WII LET THIS FIX THE LAGGY MENUS IN THE CONDUIT!

Buy the game, it is worth the money
tongue.gif
Had the game for a week, problem was still there. It's not the burn it's the IOS

"the burn"... so you are using a disc based game and not loading it from USB ?

Well if that's the case it's not the burn, or cIOS. You are just seeing the effects of the 3x limit on softmod loading of discs. Nothing can fix this, unless a new amazing exploit came out, which wont happen.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The menus lag from USB as well. I've never played from the actual disc (bought it and immediately ripped it to my HDD =P) and so don't know if the lag exists there too.

OOPMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FenrirWolf said:
The menus lag from USB as well. I've never played from the actual disc (bought it and immediately ripped it to my HDD =P) and so don't know if the lag exists there too.

Be interested to know if it does. I mean, USB is way faster. I was surprised at how quickly the game menus and game content loaded in Skate It when I tested it via USB. The original disc takes a good 5 to 10 seconds to load your player profile, whereas a USB rip is near instantaneous with regards to those loads.

I wouldn't be surprised if the menus lag on the original disc version as well..

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
wiiluver135 said:
You don't seem to use the Search...and many other people too...it's a cIOS Problem, which can be fixed. The laggy menus are completely gone with Hermes cIOS. So just install Hermes one, and use that one for Conduit. Easy.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Blue-K said:
wiiluver135 said:
You don't seem to use the Search...and many other people too...it's a cIOS Problem, which can be fixed. The laggy menus are completely gone with Hermes cIOS. So just install Hermes one, and use that one for Conduit. Easy.
Uhm... I respect your suggestion, but it still would be cool if waninkoko's cIOS hadn't this bug. I mean, it would still be an improvement.
However, I got the feeling, that I never experienced this kind of lag in The Conduit — will prove it, when I get home...

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Det1re said:
However, I got the feeling, that I never experienced this kind of lag in The Conduit — will prove it, when I get home...
Never had any lag with the Conduit too
But I'm not sure if I'm using wanin's or hermes' cIOS
unsure.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Blue-K said:
wiiluver135 said:

To me that sounds more like an IOS problem to me. Does it work without lag on all versions of Hermes cIOS, or do you have to use a specific IOS as base?

PS: The question if it's an IOS or cIOS problem can be cleared with SoftChip. If you load the retail disc with SoftChip using IOS38 and it lags, you know it's an IOS problem, if it doesn't it's a cIOS problem.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
WiiPower said:
Blue-K said:
wiiluver135 said:

To me that sounds more like an IOS problem to me. Does it work without lag on all versions of Hermes cIOS, or do you have to use a specific IOS as base?

PS: The question if it's an IOS or cIOS problem can be cleared with SoftChip. If you load the retail disc with SoftChip using IOS38 and it lags, you know it's an IOS problem, if it doesn't it's a cIOS problem.
My Results are in:
Tested with CFG-Loader (Wanins cIOS), SoftChip (IOS38) and uLoader (Hermes cIOS), all latest versions.

cIOS r17 Wanin:
Lag, for example when entering "Regional/Friends/Global"-Section
cIOS r5 Hermes:
IOS38: Lag, for example when entering "Regional/Friends/Global"-Section
IOS37: No Lag
IOS 57: No Lag

IOS38:
Lag, for example when entering "Regional/Friends/Global"-Section

The problem clearly seems to be IOS38 for the people that have a lag (I don't know why others say they don't have one). So yeah...the simplest way Wanin can fix this is by using another base IOS (maybe for Slot250?). So, I was wrong, it's an IOS Problem, like WiiPower said. Sorry for that...at least this should be cleared now...[/p]

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you also test previous versions of the cios? I'm not at my Wii but I recall the lag was not an issue until the new versions...

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
twig123 said:
Did you also test previous versions of the cios? I'm not at my Wii but I recall the lag was not an issue until the new versions...
It was also there with rev14. Maybe there isn't any lag in older cIOS because they used IOS36? I guess it's safe to say that any cIOS rev that used IOS38 as a base causes the lag (for some people?). Maybe IOS36 is one of the IOS which doesn't do this...though, I'm too lazy to test...
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb