cIOS problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wolfeatingraven, Dec 4, 2008.

1. wolfeatingraven
    OP

wolfeatingraven Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2008
    Hi, i came across these boards while looking for a backup loader, i have tried to download wiigators gamma loader but everytime i go and try to install the cIOS, the screen apears saying press A to continue etc, but when i go to press A nothing happens, infact my wii just locks and i have to turn off at the power switch. I don't get any sort of error code or anything, have tried a few times now.

Now i'm not sure what the problem is, i'm very new to this (as in i only used the zelda trick today), i have the homebrew channel installed and some other homebrew apps working, i'm not sure however what version firmware i am running and that could be the issue, i had a look at the guide up above but tbh i got a bit worried when i started to read about wad loaders and such. I didn't want to go any futher for fear of bricking my wii any help or advise on what i should try next would be greatly appreciated.

I think at the max i would be on firmware 3.3 as i haven't applied the november update, but other then that i am not sure.

Also sry if this has been posted a million times before but i didn't see anything like this posted.

2. digitydogs

digitydogs 404 Error: Member Not Found

Oct 19, 2008
    United States
    Md,US
    look in the wiki or look at the stickied threads hint oct 23 fix

3. BIG MOE

BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Oct 19, 2008
    Syria
    Wiiland Hills
    go to the first link in my signature and start from there , any help I'll be more than happy to [​IMG]

4. djtaz

djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Sep 21, 2008
    what part of ireland are you in ? If your really stuck and close i could take a look

5. wolfeatingraven
    OP

wolfeatingraven Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2008
    hey thanks for the quick replys guys, i got it working now, i followed the guide to the oct 23rd update fix and that did the trick, i reckoned that was the problem but wasn't sure, i have wigator 3 backup launcher installed, now i just have to test it, but i reckon it should be fine from here, thanks for the help [​IMG]

6. djtaz

Sep 21, 2008

Congrats - its not too bad - u were probably on version 3.3v2 or 3.4 if thats the case , well done on getting it all working.

7. wolfeatingraven
    OP

wolfeatingraven Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2008
    ya glad i got it sorted, i got 2 quick qestions now, since i did this my shop channel has stopped working is there any way i can still use it? and i know some games require an update to play is there a way to stop them checking for the update?

8. smash_brew

smash_brew I may or may not have fallen

Oct 8, 2008
    United States
    installing starfall will put an end to the updates. the shop channel needs a new ios to run. i believe tona made an installer for that. you will also need a wad of the new shop channel. i think everything you need should either be on the download page here or @ wiibrew

9. fUnGaS

fUnGaS Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2008
    Hi i REALLY hope someone can help me ?

I have Gamma Backup launcher on my wii ... i have burned animal crossing wii onto a dvd+r disc...

when i try to launch the gameit comes up with the following >>>>

DVD Read Err (324) no cIOS

I would be so greatful for help.....

i have msn msngr >>>> daoriginalvoida@hotmail.com

Thanks!

10. djtaz

Sep 21, 2008
    I have that file in my zip if you need it - its in the apps folder called safe update - just say yes to everything and itll update your shop channel

11. mcj

mcj GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Instead of hijacking a thread do a search on the error. You will find the solution here in the forums

12. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The

13. wolfeatingraven
    OP

wolfeatingraven Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2008
    thanks for the help all sorted now, downgraded to 3.2E and i got starfall installed, only thing now is that fix for the shop channel doesn't seem to be working, i run it and it downloads all the 15 things and then just stops and i have to reboot my wii.

14. kulmair

kulmair Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2008
    United States
    Hi Wolfeatingtheraven,
    How did you downgrade to 3.2. I accidentally upgraded to 3.4E and am having problems getting cIOS installed..

Thanks

15. RXII

RXII Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2008
    I had the same problem and stumbled across this great step by step on how to get everything working on 3.4 without downgrading

Click Here

Good Luck,

RXII