cIOS installer not showing v10 beta as a selectable option.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by _HelpMePlease, Aug 17, 2015.

1. _HelpMePlease
    OP

_HelpMePlease Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2015
    United States
    Yes I have checked out other posts on this matter. Don't link me to them unless they have a solution that doesn't include flipping the lock switch, as those are the majority of the conclusions.

Yes I have checked out the tutorial on the official d2x website. I have all the files in their proper positions on my SD card. I will even post my SD cards directory here.

F:\apps\d2x-cios-installer
    boot.dol
    Changelog.txt
    ciosmaps.xml
    icon.png
    meta.xml
    ReadMe.txt
    sampleCIOSMAPS.xml

F:\apps\d2x-cios-installer\d2x-v10-beta52-vWii
    DIPP.app
    EHCI.app
    ES.app
    FAT.app
    FFSP.app
    MLOAD.app
    SDHC.app
    USBS.app

Yes I have tried both SD and SDHC cards. The same problem occurs on both of them. And yes, they are both unlocked.

Do not tell me to reinstall the installer or the beta files. I have done that so many times, I think I am going to go insane.

[​IMG]

The application only shows v4 v5 and v6. Some versions even show v3. Not the one that I downloaded and need.

I have tried installing the packages on v4 v5 and v6 with no luck. They all fail or crash.

I am doing this on my vWii with a Wiimote that came with the original Wii very close to release day.

Thank you for the help, it is much appreciated. :)

2. worm28

worm28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    Have you tried a different sd card it may not be compatible. If all else fails you could ask someone to dump the d2x cios to wads using bluedump on there console and pm them to you.

3. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    What the fuck is all this shit? Are you just trying to install the d2x cIOS so you can run usbloader?

The directory I have for the .app files are completely different and it works perfectly for me. Pretty sure your directories are just wrong.

K:\apps\d2x-cios-installer\v10\beta53\d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii

You just get this file www.mediafire.com/?n2zl8v5kn288j9d (which you already have) and extract it into F:\apps.

Last edited by EmceeKerser, Aug 17, 2015
  4. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
  5. bruwesley

bruwesley Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2015
    Brazil
    I have the same probleam with my Wii U.

I put de files in sd card. f:/apps/d2x-cios-installer/choose d2x-v10-beta52-vWii

replace de ciosmaps.xml
    insert sd on wiiU open vWii, launch HBC, open de d2x-cios-installer
    and finally when I go select de cIOS the it not is showing

6. Cutty2k

Cutty2k Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2016
    United States
    A little late to the party, but maybe someone has the same issue and this helps. I had the same problem, looked EVERYWHERE, tried different folder configurations, etc.

THIS IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME (it's so stupid...): When you format your SD card to Fat32, MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE SD CARD A NAME!

That's it. I realized after the nth time formatting and trying the process again that I actually wasn't naming the card, just leaving that field blank. So after 5 hours of headache, I simply named the card (WIISD) and BAM, version 10-52 and 53 beta are on the list.

Add this to the list of stupid fixes! (along with lock, etc.)

KiiWii likes this.
  7. LinkFan16

LinkFan16 I link them all

Mar 15, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Had the same problem. I tried loading the files from an USB HDD. But reading this thread made me think that maybe the installer can't even read the files from the HDD. At first I thought the installer was broken in some way or I simply used the wrong one. Good to know the solution is probably right in front of me :D

8. hamid

hamid Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2016
    Iran
    same problem too.
    there is no "v10 beta53 d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vwii"
    :cry::cry::cry:

9. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002