Hacking cIOS installation?? Help needed

Acester

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all, I'm going to explain my situation to you so you can get a better understanding of what I'm trying to accomplish.

I have a legacy wiikey (the first one) and I would like to play a backup of the new super mario bros game. Apparently it has new copy protection, so to get around it people have used NeoGamma. I've just installed the homebrew channel, and NeoGamma is in my SD cards app folder.. When I try to run it, the screen goes black and the wii seems to crash.

I gather this is because I don't have a cIOS installed? Could someone please lead me in the direction of where I have to go next? I'm not sure which one to install, I've seen many of them, and I don't even know how to install them either..

What is a cIOS anyway? Can I uninstall it later on if I want to? I would like the most up to date version, also. Thanks for any help.
smile.gif

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Acester said:
Hey all, I'm going to explain my situation to you so you can get a better understanding of what I'm trying to accomplish.

I have a legacy wiikey (the first one) and I would like to play a backup of the new super mario bros game. Apparently it has new copy protection, so to get around it people have used NeoGamma. I've just installed the homebrew channel, and NeoGamma is in my SD cards app folder.. When I try to run it, the screen goes black and the wii seems to crash.

I gather this is because I don't have a cIOS installed? Could someone please lead me in the direction of where I have to go next? I'm not sure which one to install, I've seen many of them, and I don't even know how to install them either..

What is a cIOS anyway? Can I uninstall it later on if I want to? I would like the most up to date version, also. Thanks for any help.
smile.gif
Neogamma uses 249. You can get the installer and read more about it here: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/waninkoko

Acester

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for the fast responce, much appreciated!

And just some feedback, the NeoGamma description says.. "an installed cIOS is required for this application to be functional!"
It never tells you which one you actually need..

Anyways, thanks again.

bbalcrazy92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i had the same problem as Acester, however once the cIOS installer is running from HBC, i lose connection with my wii remote and i can't click A to install 249. Any tips on this? thanks!

Acester

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I try to install the cIOS but it fails, returns some error that's a negative number which is 4 digits long, so I tried restoring the trucha bug or something and I'm just giving up on this... lol

Seems like waaaaaay too much work, I'll just wait till a wiikey patch. I did try editing the .iso though, but I didn't have much luck.. I'll give that another shot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill