cIOS installation?? Help needed

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Acester, Nov 18, 2009.

Nov 18, 2009

cIOS installation?? Help needed by Acester at 2:52 AM (1,247 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Acester
    OP

Newcomer Acester Member

Canada
    Hey all, I'm going to explain my situation to you so you can get a better understanding of what I'm trying to accomplish.

I have a legacy wiikey (the first one) and I would like to play a backup of the new super mario bros game. Apparently it has new copy protection, so to get around it people have used NeoGamma. I've just installed the homebrew channel, and NeoGamma is in my SD cards app folder.. When I try to run it, the screen goes black and the wii seems to crash.

I gather this is because I don't have a cIOS installed? Could someone please lead me in the direction of where I have to go next? I'm not sure which one to install, I've seen many of them, and I don't even know how to install them either..

What is a cIOS anyway? Can I uninstall it later on if I want to? I would like the most up to date version, also. Thanks for any help. [​IMG]

2. EeZeEpEe

Member EeZeEpEe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Neogamma uses 249. You can get the installer and read more about it here: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/waninkoko

3. Acester
    OP

Newcomer Acester Member

Canada
    Thank you for the fast responce, much appreciated!

And just some feedback, the NeoGamma description says.. "an installed cIOS is required for this application to be functional!"
    It never tells you which one you actually need..

Anyways, thanks again.

4. bbalcrazy92

Newcomer bbalcrazy92 Member

United States
    hey i had the same problem as Acester, however once the cIOS installer is running from HBC, i lose connection with my wii remote and i can't click A to install 249. Any tips on this? thanks!

5. Acester
    OP

Newcomer Acester Member

Canada
    Well, I try to install the cIOS but it fails, returns some error that's a negative number which is 4 digits long, so I tried restoring the trucha bug or something and I'm just giving up on this... lol

Seems like waaaaaay too much work, I'll just wait till a wiikey patch. I did try editing the .iso though, but I didn't have much luck.. I'll give that another shot.

6. MarioMadness

Member MarioMadness GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  7. bbalcrazy92

Newcomer bbalcrazy92 Member

United States
    [​IMG] i'm just desperately trying to get this game to work =P i can't play it for 5 minutes without an error