Hacking Cios Downgrader won't continue.( ret = -116)

mslugx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've bang my head against the wall all night, can't figure it out. Can anybody shed me some light on what's going on here?

I have a 3.1U system, i installed HBC, and CIOS 37 rev3.

I installed everything until the time i need to run Cios downgrader 1.2. It keeps saying Network Initiazing... and return with an error code ret= - 116, I check the

websites on why it's happening. Some people said internet not being turned on, or not properly setup. But i ran the connection test, and it's successful, so i have no

idea anymore. Can anybody tell me what i've done wrong? or is there any way to upgrade it to 3.2U so i can install starfall? Thank you very much, and have a

great day.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like it's having problems accessing the internet. Check your connection and then try running it a few more times.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try using any region changer and see if it gets stuck also but you need the internet.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Man... I had this same problem the other day.. crazy thing...
I had PMed everyone I knew that could possibly make sense of this.

My Opera Channel, Homebrew browser, online game play worked perfect.

But when I tried using some patchmii workarounds for the shop channel, mii channel, etc. I couldn't get it to access the network... I got the same message..."error -116 could not find network".

Solution?

For 2 days off and on I tried to load these .dol's to get them to work properly.

1. Try resetting your router. I have a Verizon FIOS router.. you have to hold in the the reset button on the back of the router/modem for atleast 30 seconds. Let go and it should reset your router. Even with some of Comcast's this works.

2. Make sure that you are now connected again with your Wii. Go into your Wii console settings and test the connection. (Without updating..duh?!)

3. Now go to Homebrew Channel and make sure that the very far bottom right icon stays white instead of off or blinking.

4. Try the app now.

5. Update to the new homebrew channel that was just released today because it fixes some networking issues plus ALOT of other enhancements!

mslugx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the funny thing is i am using verizon fios router too. I would be so pissed if that's what happened.

also i am suspecious about any region changer. they said there is a chance u will brick your wii.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yes it IS the router... I think I even submitted error 116 to the Error pdf that kitt has floating around. Guess you should have asked me
tongue.gif

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mslugx said:
the funny thing is i am using verizon fios router too. I would be so pissed if that's what happened.

also i am suspecious about any region changer. they said there is a chance u will brick your wii.

Yes, everyone says it's dangerous.
rolleyes.gif

Didn't hurt my wii.

IronMask

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Yea.. and the thing is... I was just playing around with this new homebrew and it still has some network issues... so unless we bring it up to marcan... it may be overlooked again... if you really need to get it working... I think the easiest solution, atm is to just reset your router and try again. We have to remember that these new wifi's out are still kind of in a beta state and so the firmware for them is as well if you think about it. Yet, I don't trust using some other firmware to my router because if Verizon can detect this somehow it may cause some fuss I would imagine. And I am not about that kind of drama. I already have enough problems paying for all this wonderfulness.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
did that solve your issue, if not try going to you system settings go going to connect24 and accepting the terms and conditions then try again, this fixed my error but cant remember what the code was

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To fix the problem with your routers get an after market one...
Then take an ethernet cord from an open port on the fios router and hook it up to the internet/wan port of the after market one...

Yo will have to configure the router to the correct domain and set it up for dhcp.... you may have to change it's default ip to another one so no conflicts on the system when you try to access it...

Now setup your Wii to connect to the after market router.... you should be good...
Did this at my friends house the other day.... And no more connection issues... Also you may have to try different wireless channels 3,6,11 to get the best connection to your Wii....
Hope this helps!!!

-kitt050383

IronMask

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Mine is a Verizon FIOS router made by ActionTec M1424-WR Rev. C. I don't see the point in having to do that when there has to be something else out there that can fix it. Marcan is actually looking for someone with this issue that has a USB Ethernet adapter AND a USB Gecko. I don't have the Gecko or I would be running over. So I think it is just a matter of time.. for now I guess I can handle my homebrew not always working for the meantime... because it seems to play online games just fine.

Wilson735

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IronMask said:
Mine is a Verizon FIOS router made by ActionTec M1424-WR Rev. C. I don't see the point in having to do that when there has to be something else out there that can fix it. Marcan is actually looking for someone with this issue that has a USB Ethernet adapter AND a USB Gecko. I don't have the Gecko or I would be running over. So I think it is just a matter of time.. for now I guess I can handle my homebrew not always working for the meantime... because it seems to play online games just fine.

I've had this same exact issue. Its friggin annoying. I also have that stupid Verizon FIOS router...

vkapil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys.......Thanks a lot of your replies.....I just got fixed error -116........I just accept agreement and did make sure that the very far bottom right icon stays white instead of off or blinking........I think key is icon should be white.....keep clicking on icon till it is not white and then give a try for downgrade......atleast mine is working fine.....

Thanks

halloweenfuture

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kitt050383 said:
Also you may have to try different wireless channels 3,6,11 to get the best connection to your Wii....

-kitt050383

I had the same issue. Then, I changed wireless channel from 6 to 3. Everything works perfectly now. Thanks

shadowmanr6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've had same issue with a d-link wireless N router, i was able to use nintendo's update from 3.X(3 i think) to 3.4 and then all my wads were able to connect to download, after i downgraded to 3.2 the connection stopped again =/ so ended up using an offline version of the cios installer and then walla

[email protected]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I'm new to this forum but not to WII and when i had this ret-116 problem I was completely lost until I read this thread and poof all my problems went away. I have Verizon Fios and with the help of Ironmask I resetted my router and poof it worked !!!!! Thanks alot for the guidence and thank you GBAtemp. You have shown me alot but I never Thank ya!!!!! So from me to you THANKS A BUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1