Hacking cIOS and Hombrew

tetris4ever

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have yet to install any cIOS on my wii. I have the hombrew channel, and a lot of homebrew working fine with 3.4. I want to install IOS 36 rev 10 in order to use the USB loader. However, I'm concerned that doing this may result in potential problems with everything I have (mainly I'm concerned about the NES, SNES, GBA, and Genesis emulators).

I've read about certain backup loaders not working because of cIOS, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any problems with other hombrew as a result of installing cIOS...

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
not quite

emulators use DVDX and launch it on startup.
if you installed DVDX to use a cIOS (you should NOT do that unless you have a modchip which is incompatible with the normal installation), this IOS will automatically be reloaded

I've heard this may cause some issues (emulators not starting because DVDX is stuck) with some versions (mainly the one with USB2 support), most probably because DVDX is not compatible with that IOS or because the cIOS is bugged.

If you don't plan using roms on DVD and don't install DVDx, you are fine though.

I personnaly have cIOS rev9 installed and DVDX installed using the normal installation and everything (roms on DVD as well) worked fine so far

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU