CIAngel acts like it was just installed after 3DS reboot

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by szymon170, Aug 9, 2016.

1. szymon170
    OP

szymon170 Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX

Jan 2, 2016
    Poland
    Where I live
    When I reboot my 3DS I always got a message that a new software was installed and then I see a gift box with CIAngel, even though I've unpacked it before. How can I fix it? It's annoying and weird.
    I've installed it with FBI from QR code on A9LH Luma3DS New 3DS.

Last edited by szymon170, Aug 9, 2016

2. SimplyFedorable

SimplyFedorable Evangelion Geek

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    melee hell
    Should be harmless, what is your question?

3. Drakia

Drakia GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    Running emunand? If so, are your nands unlinked?

4. szymon170
    OP

Jan 2, 2016
    Poland
    Where I live
    No, I'm not. I'm running CFW SysNAND. And why is this like that? Even though it's harmless, it's annoying and it shouldn't be like that.

5. Drakia

Drakia GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    Well, it's not like that by design, you are the first person out of thousands of people who have downloaded CIAngel that has run into this issue...

My guess is something wrong with your NAND, not something wrong with CIAngel. Try uninstalling and reinstalling it. Or try installing another homebrew app using a QR code and see if it has the same problem.

6. szymon170
    OP

Jan 2, 2016
    Poland
    Where I live
    I've reinstalled it and it still is like that. By the way I've installed the ROM injected SNES VC .cia (which btw didn't worked and I didn't installed it from QR but from file on my SD card) and it had the same problem as CIAngel.

7. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    Have you tried deleting it, rebooting, then reinstalling using a new cia?

8. szymon170
    OP

Jan 2, 2016
    Poland
    Where I live
    It's weird, but now everything that I'll install through FBI acts like CIAngel after reboot.
    PLSHALPME!!111!!
    I've tried to decrypt Super Mario World VC before, so I've installed CIAngel, downloaded .cia file and decrypted it with Decrypt9 with the method from this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-a-cia.388677/.
    I've downloaded seeddb.bin from the same website that I've downloaded encTitleKeys.bin for freeShop. I don't know if I can give you a link to this website, but I know it's legit because it's working.
    I've used decrypt9 from A9LH payload. It threw some errors before because I didn't had the proper files, but after downloading them I've decrypted .cia file successfully.

9. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    Backup your nand and nintendo 3ds folder, and try using an older nand. Install the stuff that you are "missing".

10. szymon170
    OP

Jan 2, 2016
    Poland
    Where I live
    There needs to be another way, maybe there is a problem with FBI. I've uninstalled and deleted everything that I've downloaded in this day to decrypt cia and every homebrew that I've installed to test if it would work normally. Now I've installed Super Mario World, and it works normally. But for a test I've installed snes9x for 3DS through FBI and I've got the same problem as before. So it seems like FBI causes problems.

11. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    Which version of fbi?

12. szymon170
    OP

Jan 2, 2016
    Poland
    Where I live
    Version 2.3.2 injected to H&S App. I didn't had any problems with it before though. And how can I update it if any update is available?

13. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    You will have to reinject into hs, or just install fbi as a normal cia. The latest is 2.4.1 https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI

14. szymon170
    OP

Jan 2, 2016
    Poland
    Where I live
    I've clicked the update option in the FBI and it installed FBI cia file. Which has the same problems as other cia files installed through fbi.

EDIT:
    If I install something through the new, updated .cia FBI I still have these weird problems. I'll check BigBlueMenu and see if it'll help.

EDIT 2:
    BigBlueMenu didn't helped. It seems that console forgets about .cia file being already unwrapped and opened.

15. MartinDocNewland

MartinDocNewland Searching for the truth

Jul 7, 2012
    Can I ask two things?

Have you installed the latest menuhax? (3.0)

Have you hit the 300 games install limit?

16. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    Why would someone with a9lh have menuhax in the first place...

17. MartinDocNewland

Jul 7, 2012
    I don't know, that's why I'm asking.......duh

18. szymon170
    OP

Jan 2, 2016
    Poland
    Where I live
    I have menuhax so I can open homebrew launcher at startup. And I didn't reached the 300 games limit I think.

19. MartinDocNewland

Jul 7, 2012
    Menuhax is the problem. You have 3.0 install I gather. By default 3.0 won't let you edit your home menu while it's installed so uninstall it, do what you need to do with your games and menu then install it again and your problems are fixed. If 3.0 is doing your head in then install 2.7 or what ever the late release is before 3.0

satan89 likes this.
  20. szymon170
    OP

Jan 2, 2016
    Poland
    Where I live
    I didn't had *hax 3.0, when I launched menuhax it said *hax 2.7, but I've uninstalled it anyway. And it helped. It's weird because I think that previously when I had menuhax I've installed some cia files without any problems. But now I think that everything works how it should, I've installed snes9x for 3DS and it doesn't have these weird problems. Can you help me with one other thing? How can I restore the normal Health and Safety app? I want to have the .cia version of FBI, so I could update it easier and the injected version won't be needed anymore.