Homebrew CIAngel acts like it was just installed after 3DS reboot

szymon170

Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
When I reboot my 3DS I always got a message that a new software was installed and then I see a gift box with CIAngel, even though I've unpacked it before. How can I fix it? It's annoying and weird.
I've installed it with FBI from QR code on A9LH Luma3DS New 3DS.

Last edited by szymon170,

szymon170

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No, I'm not. I'm running CFW SysNAND. And why is this like that? Even though it's harmless, it's annoying and it shouldn't be like that.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's annoying and it shouldn't be like that.
Well, it's not like that by design, you are the first person out of thousands of people who have downloaded CIAngel that has run into this issue...

My guess is something wrong with your NAND, not something wrong with CIAngel. Try uninstalling and reinstalling it. Or try installing another homebrew app using a QR code and see if it has the same problem.

szymon170

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, it's not like that by design, you are the first person out of thousands of people who have downloaded CIAngel that has run into this issue...

My guess is something wrong with your NAND, not something wrong with CIAngel. Try uninstalling and reinstalling it. Or try installing another homebrew app using a QR code and see if it has the same problem.
I've reinstalled it and it still is like that. By the way I've installed the ROM injected SNES VC .cia (which btw didn't worked and I didn't installed it from QR but from file on my SD card) and it had the same problem as CIAngel.

szymon170

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's weird, but now everything that I'll install through FBI acts like CIAngel after reboot.
PLSHALPME!!111!!
I've tried to decrypt Super Mario World VC before, so I've installed CIAngel, downloaded .cia file and decrypted it with Decrypt9 with the method from this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-a-cia.388677/.
I've downloaded seeddb.bin from the same website that I've downloaded encTitleKeys.bin for freeShop. I don't know if I can give you a link to this website, but I know it's legit because it's working.
I've used decrypt9 from A9LH payload. It threw some errors before because I didn't had the proper files, but after downloading them I've decrypted .cia file successfully.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's weird, but now everything that I'll install through FBI acts like CIAngel after reboot.
PLSHALPME!!111!!
I've tried to decrypt Super Mario World VC before, so I've installed CIAngel, downloaded .cia file and decrypted it with Decrypt9 with the method from this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-a-cia.388677/.
I've downloaded seeddb.bin from the same website that I've downloaded encTitleKeys.bin for freeShop. I don't know if I can give you a link to this website, but I know it's legit because it's working.
I've used decrypt9 from A9LH payload. It threw some errors before because I didn't had the proper files, but after downloading them I've decrypted .cia file successfully.
Backup your nand and nintendo 3ds folder, and try using an older nand. Install the stuff that you are "missing".

szymon170

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Backup your nand and nintendo 3ds folder, and try using an older nand. Install the stuff that you are "missing".
There needs to be another way, maybe there is a problem with FBI. I've uninstalled and deleted everything that I've downloaded in this day to decrypt cia and every homebrew that I've installed to test if it would work normally. Now I've installed Super Mario World, and it works normally. But for a test I've installed snes9x for 3DS through FBI and I've got the same problem as before. So it seems like FBI causes problems.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There needs to be another way, maybe there is a problem with FBI. I've uninstalled and deleted everything that I've downloaded in this day to decrypt cia and every homebrew that I've installed to test if it would work normally. Now I've installed Super Mario World, and it works normally. But for a test I've installed snes9x for 3DS through FBI and I've got the same problem as before. So it seems like FBI causes problems.
Which version of fbi?

szymon170

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You will have to reinject into hs, or just install fbi as a normal cia. The latest is 2.4.1 https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI
I've clicked the update option in the FBI and it installed FBI cia file. Which has the same problems as other cia files installed through fbi.

EDIT:
If I install something through the new, updated .cia FBI I still have these weird problems. I'll check BigBlueMenu and see if it'll help.

EDIT 2:
BigBlueMenu didn't helped. It seems that console forgets about .cia file being already unwrapped and opened.

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
Menuhax is the problem. You have 3.0 install I gather. By default 3.0 won't let you edit your home menu while it's installed so uninstall it, do what you need to do with your games and menu then install it again and your problems are fixed. If 3.0 is doing your head in then install 2.7 or what ever the late release is before 3.0

Reactions: satan89

szymon170

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I didn't had *hax 3.0, when I launched menuhax it said *hax 2.7, but I've uninstalled it anyway. And it helped. It's weird because I think that previously when I had menuhax I've installed some cia files without any problems. But now I think that everything works how it should, I've installed snes9x for 3DS and it doesn't have these weird problems. Can you help me with one other thing? How can I restore the normal Health and Safety app? I want to have the .cia version of FBI, so I could update it easier and the injected version won't be needed anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-braddu-pitchu-to-sega.652429/ my l ast thread befoe I die (maybe)