Homebrew cia save data migration with downgrade / emunand

15cent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I'm on a n3ds xl 9.6 and have been reading up in order to get the downgrade/emunand process going.
I'm currently very worried to lose my save data especially monster hunter 4 (installed as a legit cia).
Since a failed downgrade will have me (if i'm lucky) format my 3ds, console id will change and my save will no longer work. Also if this happens i will have to update to 10.5 and everything will be for nothing.
Iif it works, the process of creating and moving to emunand requires me to format sysnand to unlink the nands and the same will happen.

Is there any way to get my cia save to safety before starting all this? i know about savedatafiler but since i'm not yet on emunand thats a no go to. If theres anything i missed or got wrong, please feel free to rub it in my face ;-)

15cent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, i think i successfully saved the savegames! thx LunaLogic
Next step would be upgrade to 10.3.0, do i use safesysupdater for that too? I got the update from a certain site but i haven't found matching md5 sums and safesysupdater marks all files as bad(but i guess it only checks them against 9.2 checksums). without knowing if the 10.3 files are correct, updating would be riskier that downgrading directly, right?

LunaLogic

Gimme DLDI please.
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I guess downgrade directly from 9.6 is ok? Though sucess rate is indeed much higher from 10.3.
And yes, upgrade using safesysupdater is ok. If you're not sure whether files are correct or not, you may consider a hardmod to backup your sysNAND first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1