CIA fils won't install

Finnexy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I tried to dump my Version of Pokemon Alpha Saphire with godmode9 and everything seemed to work perfectly until I was ready to install the .cia in Fbi because it didn't give me the option to install the file and where normaly should be the picture of the game there was nothing. I saw another thread were they said that it is possible to check the dump (if its good or faulty) but the way he provided wasn't possible because godmode9 didn't give the option "CIA image options".
This isn't my first Problem with installing cias.
I think that the problem began after I tried to install a cia for omega ruby from the web but put it in the wrong directory. So I used the copy and paste feature of FBI to put it in the correct directory but something happend and the whole directory got corrupted and then Windows gave me the option to repair the drive and before even thinking about it properly I let it repair my SD card.
After that the New 2ds XL got an Arm11 failure and nothing worked any more.
But after some panicking and a reddit thread I replaced the boot.firm and boot.3dsx files and that seemed to fix my 2ds but since then I couldn't install any cia files with the exception of an cia for the mii plaza dlc which already was on the 2ds but had to reinstall after the arm11 Problem.

What do I need to do to be able to install cias again...

or if the SD card got partially wrecked through the repair how can I fix it without major data-loss?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First make a Backup for secure reason of the hole SD Card with the actual data on it.

Then format the card with fat32 in combination with a recommended sectorsize up to your card size, 32kb under 64 gb and 65kb over 64 gb (fat32formatter is prefered). Use h2testw if u want to check for failer. Or a another partition manager tool (Aomei) that supports funktion to make a write and read test. If the test acomplished positiv, put finally everything back on the Card.

U can Check for latest version of fbi and files of godemode 9 and also search for the scripts(packs) for godmode9 u want. And be sure u use latest luma version, i think its 10.3 ( or try 10.2.1 first) with the combined boot.3dsx file for homebrew launcher.
U can also check luma settings at boot, that nothing wrong is checked there.

Last edited by Sypherone,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Finnexy Hey! Sounds like your sd card might be corrupted, you need to copy & paste all the sd card contents to your pc, and if it refuses to do that or if it gives you any errors, you can use Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier to do that.

After doing that, format the sd card as Fat32 32kb cluster size, then use h2testw to test it if it's faulty or fake, with the read+write setting.

If it doesn't pass the test, get a new sd card.
If it does, format it again as Fat32 32kb (or 64kb if it's a +64 sd card), then redo the steps here, and copy/paste the 32 character folder that's inside "Nintendo 3DS" with it, from the stuff you backed up, and plug it back inside the 2DS.
And you might have to re-dump your AS cartridge again..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?