CIA, FBI, Or Luma 3DS?

WaterPhish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am wondering which ones I need to do things like getting emulators or games off of hshop. I am not very bright, so please explain it a lot.

mullse01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am wondering which ones I need to do things like getting emulators or games off of hshop. I am not very bright, so please explain it a lot.
If you're trying to get things off of hshop, then you'll be using FBI either way. You can use the QR codes on hshop to download/install directly in FBI. You can also download the files from hshop onto your computer, transfer them to your SD card, and install them at your leisure with FBI.

Is your 3ds already hacked? If not, use the guide found at https://3ds.hacks.guide/. Do not use any video tutorials you might find on youtube; they are not as reliable.

Reactions: KimKong

WaterPhish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're trying to get things off of hshop, then you'll be using FBI either way. You can use the QR codes on hshop to download/install directly in FBI. You can also download the files from hshop onto your computer, transfer them to your SD card, and install them at your leisure with FBI.

Is your 3ds already hacked? If not, use the guide found at https://3ds.hacks.guide/. Do not use any video tutorials you might find on youtube; they are not as reliable.
Alright, so for hshop I need FBI. Can I also use FBI for emulators, or do I need different software?

Mine isn’t hacked yet, and I was wondering if I should get an sd card specifically for it. If so, what size?

mullse01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so for hshop I need FBI. Can I also use FBI for emulators, or do I need different software?

Mine isn’t hacked yet, and I was wondering if I should get an sd card specifically for it. If so, what size?
You will probably end up downloading emulators from the Universal Updater, which is an app you will get when you install CFW (Custom FirmWare) using the guide I mentioned earlier. However, hshop will have a section called "injects", which will have individual games that are already ready-to-play; you wont need to install any emulators or find any roms to get them to work.

You can use the SD card you already have, but you might run out of space quickly. If you want to upgrade, a 32GB or 64GB card would be a good choice to start with.

WaterPhish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will probably end up downloading emulators from the Universal Updater, which is an app you will get when you install CFW (Custom FirmWare) using the guide I mentioned earlier. However, hshop will have a section called "injects", which will have individual games that are already ready-to-play; you wont need to install any emulators or find any roms to get them to work.

You can use the SD card you already have, but you might run out of space quickly. If you want to upgrade, a 32GB or 64GB card would be a good choice to start with.
Alright, thanks. I wanted the extra SD card just in case I mess something up (I know bricking is very rare, I just don’t trust myself).

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thanks. I wanted the extra SD card just in case I mess something up (I know bricking is very rare, I just don’t trust myself).
Follow the Seedminer method that's on the guide above and follow its instructions carefully. Also it's highly recommended to check the sdcard with h2testw, to make sure it's not fake/ faulty before you start homebrewing your system. After that format it as FAT32 32KB (or 64KB If it's a +64GB card).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: more of a platinum guy myself personally