CIA cheatmenu,,?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by 3DSJunkie, Jul 27, 2016.

1. 3DSJunkie
    OP

3DSJunkie GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    hey guys im looking after half year back in this forum is there now any known Cheatmenu(i saw gateshark but no idea how to start the .plg filesXD) is there now a .cia file for using this .plg or something similar?

thanks for all and sry for this question its horror for searching this on phone my workstation is down.

2. nooby89

nooby89 A normal member with a stupid alias

Aug 18, 2015
    Canada
    NTR CFW

3. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    NTR CFW makes use of the .plg plugin files.
    Place them at SD:/plugin/FullTitleIDOfGame/cheat.plg, run BootNTR (make sure NTR.bin is at the root of your SD card), then when you boot the game, the screen should flicker green for a brief moment during the 3DS boot logo.

Be aware some cheat plugins are region-specific, so make sure you get the right cheat plugin for the right game and vice-versa.

Last edited by Voxel, Jul 27, 2016
  4. 3DSJunkie
    OP

Dec 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    but i have homebrew as coldboot. is there any other way to start it like with a link?

5. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    What firmware are you on? Are you already running CFW? If so, NTR can just be installed as a CIA and ran like a normal app through your CFW. It just applies temporary patches to your system (so you can access the NTR menu anytime and run cheats in games, etc.).

6. 3DSJunkie
    OP

Dec 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    i have luma so yes i think just cia possible, where is the cia file for that? thx.

7. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
  8. 3DSJunkie
    OP

Dec 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    ok i installed add the /plugin folder with the /"nr" and the .plg file inside, start the ntr all was ok, back to menu start pokemon OR and than i pressed select like in the readme file. Nothing happened?

9. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Is the cheat plugin located at SD:/plugin/000400000011C400/cheat.plg? Confirm this is the case by starting OR again, but watch to see if there is any brief green flicker appear on the screen.

Or maybe the cheat plugin you downloaded has a menu instead of button combinations? (Press X+Y in-game to see if there is a "game plugin" option.)

10. 3DSJunkie
    OP

Dec 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    thanks its working now, i downloaded the newest pkm or cheats but there is 1 issue. How is working the pokemon generator? in the readme is no explaination.