Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MrSpud said:
shazman1984 said:
Neuromancer said:
cmonster said:
it still freezes when I run up the stairs at Leene Square. From what people have said already, the game is supposed to freeze at the portal due to the copyright protection, correct? Then isn't the freezing in my game an entirely new problem?

The portal is the first check, Leene Square is the second. Both have been confirmed to be the same check.

damn, so we need another cheat for the stairs check? damn u square. i refuse to give up on this, i have to get it to work.

Damn u Square? You are barking at the wrong tree, all the other flashcarts have a workaround by now, as expected. DAMN U DS-X !

ur right. damn u ds-x. i know they stopped supporting it, cant they come together with a new firmware just for this. arrrggg!!
anybody out there got a working one on ds-x???????

shazman1984

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Holy macaroni and sexy cheese batman!... I got it working!!!!! Im not 100% sure how i did it. i think the donor.nds i was using before was the prob. anyway, if theres anyone whos still having trouble, pm me. We ds-x owners are a sad bunch, but we should stick together since those bastards abandoned us.

shazman1984

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OKAY! I figured out what the problem was. the cheat code was wrong. use this to patch.

Loop Fix
0204E334 E3A00000
0204E338 E12FFF1E
0204E694 E3A00000
0204E698 E12FFF1E

cmonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
shazman1984 said:
OKAY! I figured out what the problem was. the cheat code was wrong. use this to patch.

Loop Fix
0204E334 E3A00000
0204E338 E12FFF1E
0204E694 E3A00000
0204E698 E12FFF1E

And the award for the person who doesn't leave people in the dust goes to.... shazman1984!

Awesome, this totally worked and I got passed the Leene Square stairs and hopefully the portal, too. I'm curious, how the heck did you manage to figure this out?

I wonder how people got it to work with the other cheat code that was posted on the DS-X.

JabbaFlap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave up on my ageing DS-X 4Gb card, just too much hassle for Chrono Trigger. I bought a CycloDS installed latest 1.51 FW and Chrono Trigger works 100% ok to past portal rescued princess. Didn't even have to install XPA fix(s), awesome cart. Cost 40 euro inc tax and delivery so very cheap. so far this cart just rocks. even old roms like COE that I converted with arm7 injector work on CycloDS (!)

you can easily convert your DS-X saves to CycloDS 512KB format using this awesome tool - http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

CycloDS is great with micro-SD cards I use an old 1GB Kingston. Newer roms are 256MB and CycloDS includes a very nice USB2-microSD converter.
smile.gif

sleepinglucid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had it working, up until the portal where it crashed.

This is EXACTLY what I've tried to remedy it:

(Using hte XPA release and their subsequent 'fix')

#1 Run DSATM
#2 Include the updated Cheat.txt (From Shaman)
#3 Included a known working arm7

Clicked the Arm & and Trainer Tab

Patched

The issue I have now is, I run CT it goes to a black screen first, then then both screens just go White..

So before I used Shaman's code everything worked fine, patched it refuses to load.

Am I possibly just doing something obviously stupid int he process to screw it up?

shazman1984

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dont use a patched or fixed rom to start with, use a clean chrono trigger (U) file

for your arm7, use the sims2 or mario kart, place in the datsm folder and rename it donor.nds

make sure the cheat text has "loop fix" above the code.

in datsm, make sure trainer and arm7 is checked, then autopach.

The correct file size should be "85,904kb."

sleepinglucid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shazam is the code you posted for US?

I got it working and it loaded fine following your instructions (Grabbed a clean one)

File size was correct, however freezes on the steps.

Tried the original posted code, gives me an 87MB file, and freezes with white screen when I load it.

sleepinglucid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Re did it again step by step, correct file size but it just freezes at steps with the cheat you posted.

I had it working before, went all the way to the portal before it crapped out. Blah!

sleepinglucid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally said fuck it, I'm done with the POS DS-X, tossed SNES9X on my psp and will have porta trigger that way. If I end up grabbing an edge or a cylcods I'll try again.

Slikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay since so many people appear to be having trouble getting this to work, I have created a patch for the original nds file that will make it work on a DS-X. This patched nds is working for me, up to going up the steps and meeting Marle, I have not tested it past that point so I can't guarantee it is 100% working, but from what I have read if it doesn't freeze there you should be good for the whole game.

For this patch to work, you must have the ORIGINAL untouched (U) release of the game. Extract it to the same folder as your nds file, open a command prompt, navigate to that folder and type the following:

dsx-ct-patch.exe originalfile.nds newfile.nds

(You can replace "newfile.nds" with whatever filename you like, as long as it ends with .nds obviously. Also change originalfile.nds to whatever your file is called)
It will return you to the prompt right away, but it is patching in the background so just be patient. When it is done you should have an nds file that is exactly 84,984,792 bytes in size. Copy this file on to your DS-X and you should be good to go!

For the curious, I created the patch with VPatch. There are no viruses in the file, feel free to scan it with whatever you like
tongue.gif

Download link: http://www.2shared.com/file/4442482/3a6174...x-ct-patch.html
Sorry about the ads... if someone knows a better place to host it, feel free.

P.S. Hope I am not breaking any rules with this post... if I am let me know and I will delete it.

Kilcrop

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Slikk

Worked perfectly on my DS-X

Also pass trough the first copy protection 'through the portal'

Thanks again.

Unholydude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Slikk,

You mention to extract it to the NDS file.

Where can i find NDS file you are attacking about?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Posts merged

Slikk said:
Okay since so many people appear to be having trouble getting this to work, I have created a patch for the original nds file that will make it work on a DS-X. This patched nds is working for me, up to going up the steps and meeting Marle, I have not tested it past that point so I can't guarantee it is 100% working, but from what I have read if it doesn't freeze there you should be good for the whole game.

For this patch to work, you must have the ORIGINAL untouched (U) release of the game. Extract it to the same folder as your nds file, open a command prompt, navigate to that folder and type the following:

dsx-ct-patch.exe originalfile.nds newfile.nds

(You can replace "newfile.nds" with whatever filename you like, as long as it ends with .nds obviously. Also change originalfile.nds to whatever your file is called)
It will return you to the prompt right away, but it is patching in the background so just be patient. When it is done you should have an nds file that is exactly 84,984,792 bytes in size. Copy this file on to your DS-X and you should be good to go!

For the curious, I created the patch with VPatch. There are no viruses in the file, feel free to scan it with whatever you like
tongue.gif

Download link: [url=http://www.2shared.com/file/4442482/3a6174...x-ct-patch.html]http://www.2shared.com/file/4442482/3a6174...x-ct-patch.html[/url]
Sorry about the ads... if someone knows a better place to host it, feel free.

P.S. Hope I am not breaking any rules with this post... if I am let me know and I will delete it.

Hi Slikk,

You mention to extract it to the NDS file.

Where can i find NDS file you are attacking about?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
For your information, a .NDS file is a rom file, the actual game. Asking where to download illegal roms will get you a warning, but by the sound of it, you didn't know that. You need to "find" the game yourself, the patch is legit because, well, it's just a patch. Once you "find" your game (something.nds) you just follow the instructions from above. Good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....