Chrono Trigger help?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Ryuken14, Jun 13, 2011.

Jun 13, 2011

Chrono Trigger help? by Ryuken14 at 1:06 AM (1,182 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Ryuken14
    OP

Newcomer Ryuken14 Newbie

United States
    I've been trying to search around for this but I can't seem to find it, only snippets of what really to do with it. I was playing on a Chrono Trigger rom and ever so often when I save it shall freeze on it going on forever and forever until I close out Desmume, I do have chrono trigger as an actual game but my DS broke a while ago since it was the very first DS that came out. Is there any fix for this saving issue? Whenever it does that, it turns into corrupt data and forces me to start over but I started to use save states for it but I would like to use the in-game saving as it is easier than using save states since I can easily forget about them

2. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Not sure about the corrupted save thing, but are the freezes when you time travel?

If that's the case, use the (J) version of the game. Has full English and none of the problems.

3. shadowmanwkp

Member shadowmanwkp Your roms are on another rom site

Netherlands
    That problem is present in all versions of the rom. There's anti-piracy in the game that throws time traveling in a loop and also corrupts your game data. Search for some cheats, or a patch to bypass the anti-piracy, you can find plenty of them if you search with google.

4. Ryuken14
    OP

Newcomer Ryuken14 Newbie

United States
    Nope I already passed the first time travel so it is not that but, the corrupt data is the only problem that I am having.

5. Nathan Drake

Antarctica
    Regardless, I would try a different ROM file. If problems persist, try changing the save file size manually in the settings for the emulator, or use No$GBA + No$Zoomer.

6. Ryuken14
    OP

Newcomer Ryuken14 Newbie

United States
    If I had to change it manually, what would it be exactly? I will also try a different ROM and see if it works then

7. Nathan Drake

Antarctica
    I can't be sure. I'm fairly unfamiliar with the emulators as a whole. I just temporarily used No$GBA and No$Zoomer when I was lacking a DS.

8. bahamut920

Member bahamut920 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    My suggestion is to try either Flash 512KB or EEPROM 64KB; they seem to work best for me, in my (admittedly limited) experience with No$GBA.