Hacking choppy videos

ferjero989

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
so.. i downloaded the iso for dragon ball budokai tenkaichi 3... burned into my princo printable dvd @ 4x (this is the brand i use for everything since 4 years ago... xbox games, pc games, pc data.. everything). the game works but the video playback is really choppy... to make sure it was not the wii inserted my original game and it worked flawless (yeah.. im one of those guys that downloads the iso just for the sake of playing the backup.. to keep the original safe as long as possible)
so.. i read somewhere here (cant find the page) that princo has known perfomance issues.. and Verbatim works better..
so i got verbatim and used alcohol to make a copy of the princo and throw the princo away... the verbatim looks the same :S
so.. .whats going on?
1- do i need to burn the iso directly into the verbatim instead of the copy from princo?
2- some ppl say alcohol aint good for this.. could that be ?
3- some ppl posted a code next to the verbatim as good one.. meaning.. is there a specific verbatim that works and other that doesnt?
4- is there a specific speed to burn? i burned all my xbox and wii games @ 4x... always..
5- my wii is softmoded, latest cios and stuff... BUT some1 said the backupchannel only works @ 3x instead of 6x.. does that means my videos will always be choppy regarless of the dvd brand?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
With softmods you are stuck at 3x, but if you burns are somehow bad, you can get better results with better media, burner, burner firmware or burning strategy/speed.

ferjero989

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
WiiPower said:
With softmods you are stuck at 3x, but if you burns are somehow bad, you can get better results with better media, burner, burner firmware or burning strategy/speed.

RAWR! ARRGH!
i been thinking and trying so many stuff... and at the end no matter what i do i will never get the video to run smoothly
sleep.gif
U

so "better results" will never mean "smooth videos"
sleep.gif
U

anyways... i guess.. i will go back to princo
sleep.gif
... verbatim is 5 bucks more expensive than princo here (50x princo = 11.50, verbatim 16.50)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What i meant is: If you have bad burns now, you will get better results. If you already have good burns, better burns will change nothing. I'm sorry i could have said it more clearly, but english is not my 1st language.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.