Chollomedia.es closing down, prices down 70%

Discussion in 'Online Stores and Purchases' started by 160R, Aug 1, 2013.

1. 160R
    OP

160R Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2006
    I already posted this at NDS discussions section, but I think this place is the right one to post about online stores.

They are selling R4 cards for just 1eur, or Ace 3DS for just 2,50eur. Shipping worldwide from Europe.

And about how reliable:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/can-this-site-be-trusted.339567/

Furthermore they are listed as official dealer/seller at most flashcart official sites :)

2. Damian666

Damian666 Coder from Hell

Mar 24, 2010
    Netherlands
    In your code...
    to bad they dont have paypall, i would have bougth lots of stuff xd

3. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    If those prices are 70% off, that must have been one of the most expensive flash cart shops existing to begin with...

TyBlood13 likes this.
  4. soulrazor

soulrazor GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2012
    the discounts are only at the products that nobody wants anymore, ez flash iv at 100€ ds two at 30... regular or over priced items

5. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    wow, ez flash IV is actually had the price double since last time I checked when the other thread was posted.

6. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    wow, 100 euro for ez flash iv. that is really a great deal.

mercluke likes this.
  7. 160R
    OP

160R Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2006
    I find 2,50eur price a really great deal for a flashcart if you have a DSi, DSi-XL, 3DS, or 3DS-XL not updated above 1.4.4 or 4.4.0

8. soulrazor

May 18, 2012
    It is but its also usable for like 2 or 1% (or lower) of the userbase of the consoles you specified even i do have a 3ds xl with 4.5.10 and none of those would work for me (3ds xl had that firmware pre instaled). Most Usefull for those that only have a ds and ds lite (maybe even there i may be wrong since i know nothing about ap protection on old carts).

9. 160R
    OP

160R Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2006

Well, they are good for most DSi/DSi-XL users and for 3DS/3DS-XL users who didn't update their consoles far from 4.4.0. Yes, that's an old firmware, but what's the point of updating firmware if the main point of firmwares is improve security = avoid flashcart use? I think most flashcart users don't update their console.

If not, why Gateway 3DS is selling if it supports the same firmwares right now? And they sell for 65eur...

10. soulrazor

May 18, 2012
    If that is true why are the forums related to 3ds flooded with posts asking to solve their blocke flash cart issue after the latest firm update?

11. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Nope, they do it all the fucking time. A new game comes on the eshop, they just want to browse the eshop, they ignore our advice and don't turn streetpass/spotpass on and an update downloads, we tell them to format the memory stick to remove the downloaded update and they don't, they start it up and hit A at the prompt just once and it's updated, etc.