Homebrew ChoiDujourNX updated to 11.0.1 with autorcm, but it boots to sys?

jimlaman8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i decided to update the emu to 11.0.1 using choidujournx, i left autorcm checked.

I assumed after this was done i wouldnt have to use the rcmloader dongle any more (or rather, i think, no need for the jig anymore?), however after running the update and restarting the switch it boots to normal mode, if i do the power vol down option without the jig and with the dongle attached, it doesnt take me to hekate, however if i use the jig it does.

So either way i dont think autorcm is working (at least the no jig option).

Any thoughts on that

Thanks

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i decided to update the emu to 11.0.1 using choidujournx, i left autorcm checked.

I assumed after this was done i wouldnt have to use the rcmloader dongle any more (or rather, i think, no need for the jig anymore?), however after running the update and restarting the switch it boots to normal mode, if i do the power vol down option without the jig and with the dongle attached, it doesnt take me to hekate, however if i use the jig it does.

So either way i dont think autorcm is working (at least the no jig option).

Any thoughts on that

Thanks
You must install AutoRCM to your sysMMC, not your emuMMC, if you want to use AutoRCM. If you want to install AutoRCM now, load Hekate and install AutoRCM that way.

jimlaman8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must install AutoRCM to your sysMMC, not your emuMMC, if you want to use AutoRCM. If you want to install AutoRCM now, load Hekate and install AutoRCM that way.

How do you install autorcm from hekate? The only choice i see there is auto boot which i dont think is quite the same?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh i see under ‘Tools > Archive Bit - AutoRCM > Enable AutoRCM’

Side question, there are warnings about not doing this on ipatched switch? What exactly is that, my switch did become banned by accident however, not sure if the same thing. It also says something about if ccant run payloads from rcm with fuse-gelee dont run, unsure what that is

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you install autorcm from hekate? The only choice i see there is auto boot which i dont think is quite the same?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh i see under ‘Tools > Archive Bit - AutoRCM > Enable AutoRCM’

Side question, there are warnings about not doing this on ipatched switch? What exactly is that, my switch did become banned by accident however, not sure if the same thing. It also says something about if ccant run payloads from rcm with fuse-gelee dont run, unsure what that is
If you have an ipatched Switch that cannot use the RCM exploit, then installing AutoRCM would cause the Switch to be trapped in RCM forever, since there would be no way to launch RCM payloads like Hekate. Fortunately, my understanding is Hekate should not allow AutoRCM to be installed on ipatched systems.

Are you using an ipatched system with a sysMMC on 4.1.0? Based on your post, you are not.

If your Switch is banned, why are you using an emuMMC?

Last edited by Lacius,

jimlaman8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have an ipatched Switch that cannot use the RCM exploit, then installing AutoRCM would cause the Switch to be trapped in RCM forever, since there would be no way to launch RCM payloads like Hekate. Fortunately, my understanding is Hekate should not allow AutoRCM to be installed on ipatched systems.

Are you using an ipatched system with a sysMMC on 4.1.0? Based on your post, you are not.

If your Switch is banned, why are you using an emuMMC?
Since its banned, should i be using something other than emummc?

With autorcm, is it correct that just tapping power when on the switch menu will drain the battery faster than if it wasnt using autorcm, if so then that may not work well for my situation.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since its banned, should i be using something other than emummc?
If you're banned, then there's no reason for you to use an emuMMC. Things would be faster, and you would have more space on your SD card, if you only used a sysMMC.

With autorcm, is it correct that just tapping power when on the switch menu will drain the battery faster than if it wasnt using autorcm
No, the battery will not drain faster with AutoRCM installed.

That being said, if you fully power off your system and accidentally power it back on without using an RCM payload to boot the system, then the system will be left in RCM, and the power will drain quickly while the Switch is left idly in RCM. To avoid this, always leave your Switch docked and in sleep mode when you're not using it. You also shouldn't let the Switch die.

jimlaman8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're banned, then there's no reason for you to use an emuMMC. Things would be faster, and you would have more space on your SD card, if you only used a sysMMC.

By faster you mean using the internal memory instead of the sd card? I have a 512GB sd card, there is only about 27GB free on the sys portion. In terms of speed i guess that might help for a handful of titles, but i assume they cant just be moved over, but will have to reinstall the ones i'd want. Is that as simple as choosing cfw sys in the menu and aside from speed any reason to be on sys?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By faster you mean using the internal memory instead of the sd card?
That's correct. The system will perform faster if you're loading the OS off the sysMMC instead of an emuMMC partition on your SD card.

I have a 512GB sd card, there is only about 27GB free on the sys portion.
Removing the emuMMC partition on your SD card will free up 32GB of free space.

but i assume they cant just be moved over, but will have to reinstall the ones i'd want. Is that as simple as choosing cfw sys in the menu and aside from speed any reason to be on sys?
If you aren't going to transfer your emuMMC to your sysMMC, then you will need to reinstall any titles that are not on your sysMMC already.

Is that as simple as choosing cfw sys in the menu and aside from speed any reason to be on sys?
Choosing between your sysMMC and emuMMC is simple, yes. You could leave your emuMMC in place and just not use it, but you wouldn't reclaim that 32GB of free space on your SD card.

Another reason to be on your sysMMC instead of your emuMMC is to preserve the life of your SD card.

jimlaman8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the input but one other side question, i get a nag now on i think all games to update software. I assume its because i didnt update the official firmware on the OFW partition, do i still need to do that, and if so, since this switch is banned how can i?

I also saw that goldleaf should have a way to clear it, but goldleaf closes once i open it.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the input but one other side question, i get a nag now on i think all games to update software. I assume its because i didnt update the official firmware on the OFW partition, do i still need to do that, and if so, since this switch is banned how can i?

I also saw that goldleaf should have a way to clear it, but goldleaf closes once i open it.
You can update it with either ChoiDujourNX or Daybreak.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1