Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

Chicarcas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, i have a question. Can you help me, please?

• Q: I thought updating the firmware burned fuses, why would I use this instead of the official way of upgrading my Switch firmware (via cartridge or online, if I want the latest version)
  • A: Because fuses are burned on first normal boot, not during the install. By default, ChoiDujourNX will enable AutoRCM on any flashed firmware image, meaning that the normal nintendo bootloader will never get the chance to burn the fuses. And therefore, you can downgrade any time you want back to the firmware you started from. You can also arbitrarily downgrade to whatever firmware you want,

I have a new, unopened, day one Switch.

So, can i update online (or cartdrige) and still be able to hack my console?

I don't care if i cannot go back to factory firmware. I don't understand very well why do i need a fuseless upgrade besides that.

Thank you and sorry for my english.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Fuseless will let you go back to 1.0.0 firmware incase a cold boot exploit is ever found
But yeah your Switch is hackable forever, but a day one 1.0.0 Switch is unique and it's a shame to update without saving fuses and lose that

Reactions: Chicarcas

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i have a question. Can you help me, please?

• Q: I thought updating the firmware burned fuses, why would I use this instead of the official way of upgrading my Switch firmware (via cartridge or online, if I want the latest version)
  • A: Because fuses are burned on first normal boot, not during the install. By default, ChoiDujourNX will enable AutoRCM on any flashed firmware image, meaning that the normal nintendo bootloader will never get the chance to burn the fuses. And therefore, you can downgrade any time you want back to the firmware you started from. You can also arbitrarily downgrade to whatever firmware you want,

I have a new, unopened, day one Switch.

So, can i update online (or cartdrige) and still be able to hack my console?

I don't care if i cannot go back to factory firmware. I don't understand very well why do i need a fuseless upgrade besides that.

Thank you and sorry for my english.

Welcome to our GBATEMP. Nice to meet you, mate.

First of all, check this link if your Switch is hackable. Here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/

And what FW are you right on now ? If it is hackable then stay with 6.2 for now . And use ReiNX or atmosphere.. Here:

https://www.sdsetup.com

Last edited by spotanjo3,
Reactions: Chicarcas

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We all know that it's possible to upgrade/downgrade via ChoiDujourNX, BUT, is it possible for someone to SIDEGRADE to a different firmware AND still be able to play online? I got a buddy who's on 5.1.0 FW and was thinking about upgrading his FW so that he could play online. He's not really into CFW "YET" but I think that will eventually change after he gets bored of playing online etc. So I told him that he should at least wait and let me see if there was a way for him to sidegrade to 6.2.0 FW. I thought I remember seeing somewhere that one of the ways to do it was to find a game that required the firmware you wanted to be on, and then just use the game cartridge to update to that FW. But since I don't know of ANY games that require 6.2.0 FW, I'm wondering if there is another way that's possible?
I was intrigued by the term sidegrade but to clarify does that mean you want to update to 6.2 and not 7.01? That would be yes

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was intrigued by the term sidegrade but to clarify does that mean you want to update to 6.2 and not 7.01? That would be yes

Yes, here's my definition of it....

Sidegrade: To switch to a Firmware version that is NOT the latest available.

- Right now I'm on 5.1.0 FW, but instead of upgrading to 7.0.1 FW, I think I'm just gonna sidegrade to 6.2.0 instead.

Some people use the term to define a new version of something that doesn't really have any new awesome features or anything else to offer.

- I'm not gonna sidegrade to the new 7.0.1 FW because it just doesn't offer any new awesome features to justify the time and effort to install it.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, here's my definition of it....

Sidegrade: To switch to a Firmware version that is NOT the latest available.

- Right now I'm on 5.1.0 FW, but instead of upgrading to 7.0.1 FW, I think I'm just gonna sidegrade to 6.2.0 instead.

Some people use the term to define a new version of something that doesn't really have any new awesome features or anything else to offer.

- I'm not gonna sidegrade to the new 7.0.1 FW because it just doesn't offer any new awesome features to justify the time and effort to install it.
Alright cool. So just download the fw update for 6.2 from the net.

Black_Dahlia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It doesnt matter if you upgrade to 6.2 or 7.0.1. it takes the same amount of time.
Theres no reason to install an old firmware. Every new game and update in a few weeks is going to require the master key 07^^

Reactions: MasterJ360

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesnt matter if you upgrade to 6.2 or 7.0.1. it takes the same amount of time.
Theres no reason to install an old firmware. Every new game and update in a few weeks is going to require the master key 07^^

n00bs-Toy-Story.png

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agree as of now most newer game updates require 7.X keys and i honestly hate playing games without any fixes or additional content. I'm not a fan of autorcm, but I did wanted to try out ChoiD's updater for once. Updated both emumand/sysnand to 7.0.1, but autorcm to emunand still having only 8 burnt fuses from 6.2. But yeah online play is pretty much not an option if anyone cares about fuses thats when its time to start thinking of buying a non hacked Switch or another hacked switch updated with burnt fuses to play online.

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: can't spell

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I accidentally first clicked the 6.2 exfat button, it did some things (installing the exfat update?), then I clicked on the normal 6.2 button, and when and install the FW.
Now my screen is black after the SX boot logo, is this because of the order I installed the 6.2 FW in?

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
Probably just have to update my SX boot.dat stuff, because I was using one that is compatible with 3.0.2 still.

Edit:
Tried the 2.6.1 Beta boot.dat, still on a black screen, unfortunately.

Last edited by Adr990,

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just updated from 3.0.2 to 7.0.1 using ChoiDujoirNX, using Atmos.

I'm trying to boot into SX OS but it doesn't go past the SX OS splash screen when I load that payload.bin from, SX OS 2.6.1 Beta boot.dat. (black screen/off)

I do not seem to have bricked it, since Atmos boots fine, showing 7.0.1 (AMS 0.8.6) under Current system version.
How can I make SX OS work again after updating with ChoiDujoirNX?

enderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i updated from 6.0.0 to 7.0.1 just now using this and now i get a 'check for corrupted data' message over and over. i tried the check and nothing changed. i can't load games or homebrew or pretty much anything. please help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: