Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

Crusatyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rajkosto, my man. I've got an issue and I was wondering if you can help me with it.

I tried using the old ChoiDujour to update my system to 4.0.0 and was having issues with it. Someone else informed me that you had in the original post said that 4.0.0 was not supported. Imagine my luck, however, when I discovered that this version of ChoiDujour has no such notice on it!

So, I got all set up with Hekate from Tomger's SDfiles and added both the debug and svc lines to hekate-ipl.ini. Unfortunately, I'm still having issues with it.

I've attached some screenshots so that you can help me diagnose the problem. Please tell me that this is something I've done wrong. I'd love for more than anything for this to be user error.

This is what my SD root looks like:
sdroot.png

This is what the inside of my 4.0.0 firmware folder looks like.
2018080915392300-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg

This is the part that the app always freezes at
2018080915394000-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg

And the error logs just look like a whole bunch of this:
2018080915400200-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg

Thanks a bunch,

Crusatyr

Crusatyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where the hell did you get that ? Anyway, you are missing exFAT ncas, so you cant install exFAT version of it.

I got it from a private FTP server. Is it really that hard to come across? Anywya, it froze at the same point on exfat and non-exfat installs.

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That screen you've shown isn't a freeze. The UI is still responsive, it just cant continue without the needed NCAs. Choose the non-exFAT option, and it should have all the ncas it needs.
Also that folder is all sorts of weird, since you have extracted nca parts in there for some reason too.

Crusatyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That screen you've shown isn't a freeze. The UI is still responsive, it just cant continue without the needed NCAs. Choose the non-exFAT option, and it should have all the ncas it needs.
Also that folder is all sorts of weird, since you have extracted nca parts in there for some reason too.

So, even if it's extracted it should still work though right?

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
sure. the extra files are just generating warnings in that ! panel. and you can likely just use the exfat ncas files from 4.0.1 to get the full exfat firmware package:
Code:
090b012b110973fbdc56a102456dc9c6.nca
9840ec966929d7858efcb8c271ab3403.cnmt.nca
8ba3e1fb241b7bc4b14f5e98b15bc0bb.cnmt.nca
c448ed8220b65e7a05d04263bde2a48b.nca

btw dont be stingy and maybe consider sharing the package via DM so i can see whats up with it.

Last edited by rajkosto,

Captain Library

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@rajkosto I just wanna say thanks for releasing this really intuitive tool. I've been clinging on to my 3.0.0 Switch for ages but now I've got a backup of that FW version and I've upgraded with a copy of the 5.1.0 exfat FW from my other Switch (on which I'm not using CFW). If a 3.0.0 "untethered" exploit comes along at a later date, you've ensured I won't miss out. The AutoRCM protection works a treat too.

Crusatyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw dont be stingy and maybe consider sharing the package via DM so i can see whats up with it.

I've tried installing it without exfat support and it still "thinks" about the missing meta and and it's been "thinking" for about 5 minutes now. I guess this firmware was just a dud.

Also, as much as I'd like to share, I probably shouldn't because I shouldn't even have this anyway. It's one thing to recieve copyright code but its a separate issue to share isn't it?

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Screenshot what you get when you press the non-exfat button. Also no, once it's stopped on missing meta, it's not doing any more work anymore.

ninjacat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@rajkosto Thanks for RajNX and ChoidujourNX! Got both running flawlessly. Just a few questions.

Kirby star allies caught my eye and I know it requires a 4.1 (i think?)

I used ChoidujourNX to upgrade my firmware to 3.0.2 to play some cart games like xenoverse 2 and some older ones. And some NSPS.

If I were to use ChoidujourNX to upgrade to 4.1 just to play Kirby(eshop), Can I use ChoidujourNX to go back down to 3.0.2 to play my cart games again?

My stock is 1.0.0.

Thanks again!

Last edited by ninjacat,

ninjacat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could in theory. You would have to make sure that you always run with a nogc patch, that would render the game card usless on 4.1, but would allow you to downgrade to 3.x and still use your cartridge games. Be careful, a single boot without nogc on 4.1 and you'll lose all your cartridge games on 3.x.

Thanks. Yea for sure.

mrmouse781

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, this is great! Newb question here:

I just got a 3.0.0 firmware Switch so I want to make sure I do this right (and this is my first time doing this). If I am planning to use SX OS 1.4 then the nogc patch is useless since SX OS 1.4 will automatically patch the gc? Am I understanding that correctly? I don't think I really mind losing the game cart ability either way since I usually have everything digital anyway but of course I would like to keep everything optimal if possible.

Aside from that, I was going to follow DrFunkenstein's steps at post #599 to use this along with SX OS to get to 5.1.0 fw. Do his steps seem about right?

Thanks again, so excited to give this a try and play around with my new switch. I've been studying these forums trying to get caught up on the current scene. So many amazing contributions by people.

Last edited by mrmouse781,

Ivellios

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry if this has been answered before, if i update a 3.0.2 firmware to 5.1 with this method, will the switch have exfat support?

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Does your 5.1.0 firmware folder have exFAT support ? Do you choose the (exFAT) version of the firmware during installation ?

Boxty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you have to use ChoiDujour PC version to generate them since your switch can't run homebrew until you fix it.
Okay so im a newb at this i need to run it via cmd of course, but I don't know what exactly to input to get it to generate the files/

SonGoku78

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@rajkosto when i use choidujour, is preventgcupdate automatically included ? or do i have to integrate it myself into your choidujour ? if yes, how can i do that ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer