Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks but I'm worrying about running out of batteries.
As I said before, if you're letting the console run out of battery, you're only doing damage to the console; it is never a good idea to let the battery the Switch uses go completely empty. It will reduce the lifespan of the battery significantly.

Reactions: alucard_xs

Zdobuzdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
As I said before, if you're letting the console run out of battery, you're only doing damage to the console; it is never a good idea to let the battery the Switch uses go completely empty. It will reduce the lifespan of the battery significantly.
Is there an option to turn off switch completely, in case to not use it for example 10 days? What we can do in this situacion?

Taorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an option to turn off switch completely, in case to not use it for example 10 days? What we can do in this situacion?

You mean in the context of autoRCM? Yes, boot into a bootloader of your choice and use the power off option there. A console with autoRCM can only be completely powered down there.

shchmue

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate i think is the only common loader with a power off feature that kills everything with AutoRCM enabled. use that or else just hold your power button for 12+ seconds and that will be off just the same.

Reactions: Adran_Marit

Zdobuzdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hekate i think is the only common loader with a power off feature that kills everything with AutoRCM enabled. use that or else just hold your power button for 12+ seconds and that will be off just the same.
Thanks. And how to power on switch after couple of days, with tegra and payload i guess?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks man, now need to install some nsp for my science research, which CFW will u recommend? and what homebrew do u use to install nsp??
Any CFW will do as they all do the same job. Its a matter of preference really. SX OS if you want to only use .XCI files, EmuNAND, HDD support. ReiNX if you just a CFW for backup launching and homebrew. Atmosphere if you want continual support for your CFW and eventual EmuNAND support (and a few miscellaneous features like rebooting any payload from CFW or protection of AutoRCM during system updates).

For installing .NSP files, OG Tinfoil is still my go to. Goldleaf just sounds too buggy in comparison plus it has a lot of useful but features that can be regulated to other homebrew applications.

Reactions: Lacius and leon315

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any CFW will do as they all do the same job. Its a matter of preference really. SX OS if you want to only use .XCI files, EmuNAND, HDD support. ReiNX if you just a CFW for backup launching and homebrew. Atmosphere if you want continual support for your CFW and eventual EmuNAND support (and a few miscellaneous features like rebooting any payload from CFW or protection of AutoRCM during system updates).

For installing .NSP files, OG Tinfoil is still my go to. Goldleaf just sounds too buggy in comparison plus it has a lot of useful but features that can be regulated to other homebrew applications.
I also still use the OG tinfoil. Goldleaf fails to install anything over USB for me.

Reactions: Draxzelex

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

can you install more than one CFW?

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You do not install any CFW with the Switch. CFW are just files you place on the SD card.
okay, i think i have an idea on how to use them:
1) run hekate and make raw nand backup;
2)update using choidujou to 6.2
3) copy all CFW i want into microsd then run them PHOTO, while holding R?

an i right?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, i think i have an idea on how to use them:
1) run hekate and make raw nand backup;
2)update using choidujou to 6.2
3) copy all CFW i want into microsd then run them PHOTO, while holding R?

an i right?
Your steps are fine but if you hold R when pressing the Album, you will enter the Album. If you want to enter the Homebrew Menu, you press Album without holding anything.

Reactions: leon315

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are all firmware dumps from popular sites inclusive of the exFAT update that I can install via ChouDujourNX? Or do I need to look for specific ones if I want exFAT support?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Are all firmware dumps from popular sites inclusive of the exFAT update that I can install via ChouDujourNX? Or do I need to look for specific ones if I want exFAT support?

Inclusive (bar 1.0.0 which doesn't support exfat)

Get the firmware you want, and choidujourNX will give you the option of exfat or non exfat

Reactions: OrGoN3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30