Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

Masamune3210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can boot downgraded firmwares regardless of fuse count as long as you boot with hekate or another custom bootloader, as Nintendos bootloader is the one that does the fuse check, not HOS

hassan ali

Trophies
XP
Country
Awsome. So when permanent cfw is a thing we can use choidujour nx to downgrade to version 1.0 and install the permy custom firmware and then restore nand backup and fuse count will not matter? Am I upstanding that right because thats amazing

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awsome. So when permanent cfw is a thing we can use choidujour nx to downgrade to version 1.0 and install the permy custom firmware and then restore nand backup and fuse count will not matter? Am I upstanding that right because thats amazing
This is under multiple assumptions such as there being a permanent CFW for 1.0 (which there is no evidence of) or the exploit on 1.0 bypasses the fuse check (which there is also no evidence of).

hassan ali

Trophies
XP
Country
This is under multiple assumptions such as there being a permanent CFW for 1.0 (which there is no evidence of) or the exploit on 1.0 bypasses the fuse check (which there is also no evidence of).

Ik, thats why I said in the future if permanent cfw comes out? I was in no way asking if it could be done today or next week.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ik, thats why I said in the future if permanent cfw comes out? I was in no way asking if it could be done today or next week.
Permanent CFW =/= bypassing the fuse check; these are two different issues. Even if in a hypothetical scenario the CFW is permanent, that wouldn't fix the fuse mismatch since these are part of the hardware of the console.

alucard_xs

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone, actually I'm on 5.1.0 but I think I'm gonna update to 6.2.0.
where can I find 6.2.0 firmware ? is there any problem keeping the5.1.0 efuses ?

hassan ali

Trophies
XP
Country
Permanent CFW =/= bypassing the fuse check; these are two different issues. Even if in a hypothetical scenario the CFW is permanent, that wouldn't fix the fuse mismatch since these are part of the hardware of the console.

Ahh, ok I get it, thanx for clearing that up. I was under the assumption the burned fuses wouldn't matter because hypothetical permanent cfw would ingore the burned fuses since only official firmware looks for that number

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi everyone, actually I'm on 5.1.0 but I think I'm gonna update to 6.2.0.
where can I find 6.2.0 firmware ? is there any problem keeping the5.1.0 efuses ?

The choidujour nx is perfect for this you are in the right place. Check your pm

Last edited by hassan ali,
Reactions: alucard_xs

alucard_xs

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what will happene if I update via Choixdujour my 5.1.0 to 6.2.0 (keeping efuses) and I've got no more batteries in my Switch ? I'm gonna plug it in order to charge but I won't launch hekake loader as by defaut it launch the real Nintendo loader. Am I screwed ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what will happene if I update via Choixdujour my 5.1.0 to 6.2.0 (keeping efuses) and I've got no more batteries in my Switch ? I'm gonna plug it in order to charge but I won't launch hekake loader as by defaut it launch the real Nintendo loader. Am I screwed ?
Same thing when you normally run out of battery. By the way, you're not supposed to let it run out of battery with or without AutoRCM; its bad for the battery.

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I guess it's mandatory to never running out of battery once using Choixdujour or else, bye-bye efuses ?

No, that's not at all how it works. I upgraded from 5.1 to 6.2 and my battery has completely died a few times.

There's a really complex trick to get it working again so make sure you follow each step VERY CLOSELY.

1. Plug it into the AC adapter
2. Wait a few mins
3. Turn it on like normal

ONLY do this after you've read those directions at least 10 times so you don't insta-brick your console.

You're welcome.

Last edited by Albytrozz,

alucard_xs

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe it's time for me to think about emuNAND … as my sysNAND will never go higher than 5.1.0 (my switch is devoted to playing nsp backups) ?
With emuNAND ON (6.2.0 or higher), no need to worry about efuses burnt right ?

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's time for me to think about emuNAND … as my sysNAND will never go higher than 5.1.0 (my switch is devoted to playing nsp backups) ?

I don't use emuNAND, I'm terrified of giant flightless birds.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

With AutoRCM (Which choidujourNX installs by default unless you turn it off btw) you don't have to worry about booting the nintendo bootloader as you are always booting into RCM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: