Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

efxonly123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
right now if i try to get exfat in my 4.1.0 it tells me to system update. If i choose the exfat firmware, it will allow me to use a exfat sdcard?
thank you all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My last question. If i from 4.1.0 to 5.1.0, but later i decide to go back to 4.1.0. Can I uninstall AutoRCM?
If you update using this app then provided you have the correct 5.1.0 firmware file, you can choose exfat and that update message will be gone. Yes, autorcm can be removed at any time, but if you want to avoid burning fuses, you should leave autorcm installed.

drfunkenstein2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"you can even disable the AutoRCM option (if you are sure the firmware you are installing is the same burned fuse count as the one you are currently running)."

If i am on 4.1.0 and i downgrade to 4.1.0 does that mean it has the same burned fuse count?

sorry for all the questions but it is helpful!
thank you

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"you can even disable the AutoRCM option (if you are sure the firmware you are installing is the same burned fuse count as the one you are currently running)."

If i am on 4.1.0 and i downgrade to 4.1.0 does that mean it has the same burned fuse count?

sorry for all the questions but it is helpful!
thank you
If you are on 4.1.0 you shouldn't need to downgrade to 4.1.0

efxonly123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry i meant if I upgrade to 5.1.0 and downgraded to 4.1.0
If you don't burn any new fuses while you're on 5.1.0 using the method here, then you will have the same number of fuses you had prior to updating to 5.1.0. meaning if you have 5 fuses burned on 4.1.0, you will have 5 fuses burned if you update to 5.1.0 and the same 5 fuses if you go back to 4.1.0.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone who already has ReiNX installed and wants to keep using it after the whole updating procedure, you have to once use a hekate payload like: https://github.com/rajkosto/hekate/releases
Then you simply create a "hekate_ipl.ini" at the root of your SD card with this content:

Code:
[config]
autoboot=5
bootwait=3
customlogo=1
verification=2

{-------- CFW -------}
[ReiNX (SVC Perms)]
kip1=ReiNX/sysmodules/loader.kip
kip1=ReiNX/sysmodules/sm.kip
kip1=ReiNX/sysmodules/FS.kip
fullsvcperm=1

I used to do it like this on my 3.0.0 Switch and updated to 5.1.0 with ChoiDujourNX. Other FW versions like 1.0.0 probably require the debugmode entry as it's stated in the FAQ in OP.
The reason why you once need hekate, is because ReiNX most likely doesn't give full SVC permissions for homebrews, which ChoiDujourNX needs, or else it will crash upon launch (maybe @Reisyukaku can add it if he sees reason in that).

After the whole procedure, you can delete the created "hekate_ipl.ini" and copy the needed ReiNX files for your updated FW version. It offers all the neccessary patches like nogc, sigpatch and nocmac out of the box w/o further configuration.
Even exFAT is enabled in case you didn't choose to install the exFAT version of your desired update for some reason.

NOTE: I see a lot of arguments which CFW is better, or why choose it over the other. This post it not meant to start another discussion about CFW vs. CFW, I simply used ReiNX because I already had it on my SD card and tried to update with the least amount of "hassle" and keep on using it after the procedure. Freedom of choice should be allowed without verbal "fights", so please let this post fly under the radar.

Regards,
iCEQB

Last edited by FR0ZN,

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
or just use the newer hbloader... its in the same place as it is in my zip, but with "atmosphere" renamed to "ReiNX", as I've mentioned multiple times in the thread.
another reason not to use it because all the illegal packs they distribute contain pre-patched sysmodules, so you will likely not be able to boot after you firmware upgrade... as you are now trying to load an older firmware's sysmodule code instead of the version it's supposed to be (your sample ini mentions a FS.kip which will absolutely break once you change your firmware version too)...

Last edited by rajkosto,
Reactions: Azel and FR0ZN

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
If you update using this app then provided you have the correct 5.1.0 firmware file, you can choose exfat and that update message will be gone. Yes, autorcm can be removed at any time, but if you want to avoid burning fuses, you should leave autorcm installed.

So after using this tool to update from 4.1.0 to 5.1.0 autorcm always needs to be enabled otherwise it'll be burning fuses at every boot?

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or just use the newer hbloader... its in the same place as it is in my zip, but with "atmosphere" renamed to "ReiNX", as I've mentioned multiple times in the thread.
another reason not to use it because all the illegal packs they distribute contain pre-patched sysmodules, so you will likely not be able to boot after you firmware upgrade... as you are now trying to load an older firmware's sysmodule code instead of the version it's supposed to be (your sample ini mentions a FS.kip which will absolutely break once you change your firmware version too)...

Right I forgot about that, I will update my post.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So after using this tool to update from 4.1.0 to 5.1.0 autorcm always needs to be enabled otherwise it'll be burning fuses at every boot?
You don't need to enable Autorcm, but it reduces the chance of accidentally booting into OFW to zero. If you boot into non-CFW Horizon once, the fuses will burn.

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
With their bootloader, there isn't an option to just choose and boot [stock]... or something similar, which would let people know that its their sdfiles that are the problem, not the installed firmware itself.

Reactions: FR0ZN

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
You don't need to enable Autorcm, but it reduces the chance of accidentally booting into OFW to zero. If you boot into non-CFW Horizon once, the fuses will burn.

When I bought the switch my firmware was updated to 4.1.0 then later I updated it to 5.1.0 before installing SX OS. I have no intention of downgrading the firmware but I would like to confirm if I were to use this tool to update to a higher firmware again in the future I will always need to boot into SX OS otherwise the fuses will burn if I accidentally boot into OFW correct?

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Concerning ReiNX--

If you update, you need to put the correct files on your SDcard for the updated version. Works just fine if you do that. :P

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With their bootloader, there isn't an option to just choose and boot [stock]... or something similar, which would let people know that its their sdfiles that are the problem, not the installed firmware itself.

As I noted in my post, what I did was not meant to promote any specific CFW, nor trying to point out if one or the other is better or even start further discussion.
I saw a few people asking if ReiNX can be used after the procedure, which lead me to believe that they are already using it.
As I was in the same position, I created the above post to point out, that it is possible and that it works.

No harm or hate against hekate intended, I respect the project, I just don't use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-