RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by rajkosto, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Xyphoseos

Xyphoseos Hack or no games

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    yes that's true ^^

Last edited by Xyphoseos, Aug 3, 2018
  2. Xyphoseos

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    without nogc, gamecart firm will be updated and in ealier firmware we'll not able to play gamecart but why we would play gamecart in older firm, if we update to install softmod we will be able to update then in latest version and finaly play gc isn't it ?

3. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Exactly, with backup loading you don't really need your cart fuse

4. muniategui

muniategui Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    Spain
    I have a doubt, i've i'm on 4.1 and i update to 5.1 (since gc is already fuse due to swtich come stock 4.1 :(). Then after using CFW on 5.1 i've decide for X reason i want to downgrade again to my stock 4.1. After downgrading if i start OF would i get burned fuses or not? Teorically i've been always in the same version in OF perspective or i'm wrong? So i would get 2 burned fuses, 1 or 0?

5. Azel

Azel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2014
    France
    I don't know, but NEVER boot stock fw and NEVER boot hekate without kip1patch=nogc in you hekate ini, or you will update you cart reader fw and fuse count.

If you don't know why you want something...why even bother about it ?

EDIT : had trouble running it, found how to do it :

I modified my ini like this :

Code:

kip1=modules/newfirm/loader.kip
    kip1=modules/newfirm/sm.kip
    kip1patch=nogc,nosigchk

thanks for your help, was really impressed with ChoixDuJour fuctionality and UI/Touch!

Last edited by Azel, Aug 3, 2018
    Xyphoseos likes this.
  6. Xyphoseos

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière

If I understand to "Stock DANGEROUS" option in .ini will update my gc AND burnt my fuse ?
    Or just gc ?

7. Azel

Dec 16, 2014
    France
    Yes

Xyphoseos likes this.
  8. Xyphoseos

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    Is there a way to update gc without burnt efuse ?

9. muniategui

muniategui Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    Spain
    Can't post hyperlinks since new but look for that title in gbatemp, it is explained how to update with no GC burn nor normal fuse burn(firm burns)

how-to-install-run-any-switch-firmware-unofficially-without-burning-any-fuses

10. Xyphoseos

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    I want no fuse burnt with the gc port updated

11. Azel

Dec 16, 2014
    France
    I suppose this guide is deprecated since ChoixDuJourNX is out.

12. muniategui

muniategui Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    Spain
    Once you update if you use a sysmodule to skip gc burn you will have gc updated with no burn (as long as you dont bot OF firmware obiously)

It is also explained in point 6 that from there all can be done with Choi

Last edited by muniategui, Aug 3, 2018
  13. Xyphoseos

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    which sysmodule ?

14. muniategui

muniategui Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    Spain
    IF YOUR CARTRIDGE SLOT WORKS ON <4.0.0 FIRMWARE AND YOU WISH TO KEEP IT THAT WAY, YOU MUST ALWAYS LOAD 4.0.0 OR HIGHER FIRMWARE USING THE [FS_XXX] OPTION WHICH USES REPLACEMENT FS_XXX_nogc.kip1 SYSMODULE VIA HEKATE ! EVEN A SINGLE BOOT WITHOUT THAT SYSMODULE REPLACEMENT USED WILL PERMANENTLY UPGRADE THE GAME CARTRIDGE CONTROLLER FIRMWARE TO THE 4.0.0 VERSION, MAKING IT UNUSABLE IN EARLIER FIRMWARES (so any "CFW" ini files you use YOU MUST ADD THE PROPER FS_XXX_nogc.kip1 LINE TO ALL ENTRIES).

However with Choi

• Q: I've never run firmware 4.0.0 or higher on my switch, so my gamecard controller firmware is still not updated. How do i make sure my gamecard controller works after i downgrade back to < 4.0.0 ?
    • A: When flashing the firmware image for any 4.0.0 or later firmware, ChoiDujourNX will generate a protective hekate_ipl.ini on your microsd, with a "PreventGCUpdate" launch target. You must ALWAYS boot using this launch target (or add kip1patch=nogc to any launch target you wish to use in the future) and use a Hekate that supports the kip1patch option (releases here do: https://github.com/rajkosto/hekate/releases) if you want to prevent use and updating of your GC controller firmware on firmware versions 4.0.0 and up.
    So its even easyer

15. Xyphoseos

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    it doesn't help me :(

I want no fuse burnt but I want to be able to play cartridge

16. muniategui

muniategui Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    Spain
    As i understand you will have a cartridge of firmware 5.1 (if u update to 5.1) without burned fuses as long as you boot cfw and never the OF
    You mean that without a burn cart will not work on 5.1? I think that it's patched to avoid fuse verification (at least SX SO i don't know atmosphere but i supose that also included)

17. LeMageFro

LeMageFro GBAtemp Regular

Mar 29, 2018
    France
    I think there is misunderstanding between you and Azel. If you use the "Stock DANGEROUS" option it WILL NOT burn the efuses related to your firmware version, hekate always prevent efuse burning. But I think I read somewhere that the card reader also has it's own efuses, and therefor updating it would burn some of these, and that's probably what Azel meant when he answered yes. I have no idea if these "card reader" efuses actually exist though, it's just a vague memory and may be completely false. Maybe someone more informed could help.

Xyphoseos likes this.
  18. Xyphoseos

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    So if I launch "STOCK DANGEROUS"
    I will be able to play cartridge with no fuse burnt
    Right ?

19. LeMageFro

LeMageFro GBAtemp Regular

Mar 29, 2018
    France
    You can absolutely boot the OF and not burn efuses. The piece of software that burns efuses is the original nintendo bootloader, not the firmware itself. As long as you use autoRCM + hekate (which replaces the nintendo bootloader) you won't burn efuses. Again guys, read the damn FAQ, I'm merely rephrasing it here ;) !

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Right ! I woud still advise against it though since it's an irreversible process, but hey if you're sure you won't ever need to use cards on a firmware lower than 4.0 then it's your choice :) .

Last edited by LeMageFro, Aug 3, 2018
    Xyphoseos likes this.
  20. muniategui

muniategui Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    Spain
    So my doubt is if i use autoRMC + hekate after flashing, the second time i boot my NS if i boot OF fuses will burn since its oficial bootloader again right?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted