Hacking Question ChoiDujour getting error with "encrypted_header_key"

tomulos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, I have this console at official FW 5.1.0, trying to install exfat patch by installing 5.1.0 FW with ChoiDujour. I dumped biskeys, and using SBK and TSEC key to generate 40 keys with hactool, then I exported the "registered" folder from my own NS console using HacDiskMount. The problem came up when I tried to make the 5.1.0 FW with exfat patch using ChoiDujour 1.10, I got this error:

D:\NS\FW dump\ChoiDujour110>.\ChoiDujour.exe --keyset=keys.txt registered

ChoiDujour 1.1.0 by rajkosto
uses hactool by SciresM ()
visit for updates and more Switch stuff!

Using source firmware files from folder registered
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "ChoiDujour.py", line 517, in <module>
File "ChoiDujour.py", line 225, in call_hactool
Exception: [WARN]: Failed to match key "encrypted_header_key", (value "blahblahblah")

[13972] Failed to execute script ChoiDujour

I did some google searches, some said that the keys.txt should contain 60 keys instead of 40, if that is the case, how should I get the extra 20 keys if hactool only generates 40?
Or it is due to some other reasons? Any suggestions please? thanks.

tomulos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you update via the homebrew instead?
I just started looking into CFW yesterday, didn't see what you said as an option of update, can you please give a tutorial link or keywords for searching or just elaborate a bit more? thank you!

Last edited by tomulos,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I just started looking into CFW yesterday, didn't see what you said as an option of update, can you please give a tutorial link or keywords for searching or just elaborate a bit more? thank you!
ChoidujourNX. It is choidujour but as a homebrew with nice gui on the Switch.
If you want, you can try my tutorial (extra -> choidujournx), or any other which you can find :D

tomulos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChoidujourNX. It is choidujour but as a homebrew with nice gui on the Switch.
If you want, you can try (extra -> choidujournx), or any other which you can find :D
Thank you! This actually is what I am trying to do, I already successfully boot into CFW a few times, and ChoidujourNX could work, but I assume to update to a certain FW with ChoiDujourNX you will need that FW folder (NX-5.1.0) placed in SD card? And to get that FW folder, you need to use your own console keys and a FW dumped from "registered" to generate it by ChoiDujour.exe? Am I having a very wrong understanding on this?

Last edited by tomulos,

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Thank you! This actually is what I am trying to do, I already successfully boot into CFW a few times, and ChoidujourNX could work, but I assume to update to a certain FW with ChoiDujourNX you will need that FW folder (NX-5.1.0) placed in SD card? And to get that FW folder, you need to use your own console keys and a FW dumped from "registered" to generate it by ChoiDujour.exe? Am I having a very wrong understanding on this?
Or you can go the easy way and search for the FWs.

tomulos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you can go the easy way and search for the FWs.
so ChoiDujourNX usable FWs are not binding to console but universal? I tried to search for FWs, couldn't find any, and with the --setkey flag for ChoiDujour.exe, I thought FWs must be "re-maked" by ChoiDujour.exe so they contain the keys of the console that user wants to install the FW. If FWs are universal, may I ask for a NX-5.1.0 FW link please, really couldn't find any. Thanks a lot!

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
so ChoiDujourNX usable FWs are not binding to console but universal? I tried to search for FWs, couldn't find any, and with the --setkey flag for ChoiDujour.exe, I thought FWs must be "re-maked" by ChoiDujour.exe so they contain the keys of the console that user wants to install the FW. If FWs are universal, may I ask for a NX-5.1.0 FW link please, really couldn't find any. Thanks a lot!
They are universal. As rajkosto said himself, you can try googling or *caught* xbins *caught*.
I can't give you the link here. If you can find me somewhere else I can give you one for experimental purposes only of course.

tomulos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are universal. As rajkosto said himself, you can try googling or *caught* xbins *caught*.
I can't give you the link here. If you can find me somewhere else I can give you one for experimental purposes only of course.
Thank you! I have successfully managed it! Has been a great help!

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you ended up solving this by using ChoiDujourNX, but if anyone else ever has this issue:
If you remove the keys that it complains about (encrypted_header_key in your case) from your keys.txt it should work

tomulos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you ended up solving this by using ChoiDujourNX, but if anyone else ever has this issue:
If you remove the keys that it complains about (encrypted_header_key in your case) from your keys.txt it should work
Thank you, I tested it again with your suggestion, "encrypted_header_key" is deleted, now the error became:

Using source firmware files from folder registered
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "ChoiDujour.py", line 517, in <module>
File "ChoiDujour.py", line 225, in call_hactool
Exception: Error: section 0 is corrupted!
Error: section 1 is corrupted!

[11116] Failed to execute script ChoiDujour

An interesting thing is, I tried to run ChoiDujour1.0.2 before, without deleting any keys from keys.txt, I got the same error as this one, section corrupted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol