Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkforce

Darkforce DERP!
    Former Staff

Hmm only a couple of people know Japanese around here... you might wanna email x_comp, he's done some work on GBA translations before. The only problem is that he hasn't been around here for a couple of months so lord knows what he's up to at the moment.

It'd be great to see the game translated so I hope you can find someone who can help translate.

[​IMG]

2. ConraDargo

ConraDargo Flashback Fanatic

Sweden
    Dammit, you could've chosen a less sexy/hentai picture of her! Now look what you've done (Chiaki's reaction, more are certain to follow) [​IMG]

I miss x_comp btw, I wonder where he is [​IMG] I'm positive he would've helped you.

3. Logan

Logan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hehe, you mean less sexy pics of Chi exist [​IMG] [​IMG]

I just finished my adult education course 'Japanese for Absolute Begginers' [​IMG] That was hard work [​IMG] I now know the basics, to get by if I went on a holiday to Japan. Somehow, I don't think I'll be helping with translating though! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Iceman5

Iceman5 GBAtemp Fan

ive picked up a few japanese words while watching animes etc. like i know that hentai means pervert lol... would be cool to really learn it tho.

oh and after seeing that pic i decided to check chobits out lol

5. Jei

Jei Translator and romhacker wannabe

Brazil
    Good to see someone is interested in translating Chobits, I would sure help if my knowledge of japanese was past perfect ^^;
    Chobits is one of my most favourite series from Clamp, I wish you luck on your project, and if you need testing maybe I could help the cause [​IMG]

Can't understand all the hype about Love Hina on this topic. I have all of the manga, but didn't enjoyed it so much, just keept buying for collection purposes, all the second half of the story till the ending sucked a lot... ;;>_>

6. ConraDargo

Sweden
    To the left - Jei
    To the right - me holding a Love Hina manga

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Kajitani-Eizan

Kajitani-Eizan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    so i assume you just removed the kanji and replaced with a bit of hiragana?

looks good so far.

8. hiroh2k

hiroh2k Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    That's not hentai, but suggestive.
    It's the drawing style of the Clamp girls, if you like RG Veda, Tokyo Babylon, X/1999, Magic Knight Rayearth, Sakura Card Captor or Angelic Layer, you will love this one [​IMG]

9. ConraDargo

Sweden
    Now that the thread has been brought back up - any progress on this project?

10. Chitose

Chitose Advanced Member

its not hentai! seems more like child hentai [​IMG]

joking aside, chobits rocks, but it didnt seem to capture me as much as some other animes/mangas.

you can get azumanga in manga form. only 4 volumes but a barrel of laughs [​IMG]

11. Dullin

Dullin Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Heh, there's a name for that ; it's called lolikon...

ANYWAY...

I do wonder what kind of game is this ... do you just go about and try to relive the story of Chobits?

12. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Got all the Chobits manga. It's okay. I also got all of the Azumanga books. They got read everyday since Christmas. But the actual game seems to be based on the anime of Chobits.

13. imgod22222

imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

United States
    Watched every ep of Chobits, Azumanga Daioh, and Love Hina. Loved it all. If you want an inequality LoveHina>Azumanga Daioh>Chobits. But even better is Girls Bravo. But be warned, if you're under 18 it might not be the best thing for you to watch. TONS of fan service [​IMG] Funny as hell though. Trying to get it in my regional library. They won't do it though.

suggestive = fanservice (most of the time)

hentai = pervert
    ecchi = pervert
    ichi = one
    nii = two
    san = three
    osu = male
    jutsu = change (sexy jutsu = sex change, but i doubt toonami would be allowed to say that)
    ouendan = male cheerleaders??
    okasa = mom
    nii-san = brother
    nee-san = sister
    Onee-san = big sister
    Onii-san = big bro
    sakura = rose blossoms (or something like that)

and a few other commonly used anime-related japanese words. [​IMG]

14. cmonster

cmonster Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Osu! is an expression.

Ouendan is a cheering squad.

Jutsu means technique. Henge means change. Sexy no Jutsu = Jutsu of Sexy(iness).

Oka-san means mother.

Nii-san is just a short way of saying Onii-san just like Nee-san is a short way of saying Onee-san. O in front of nii-san or nee-san is to show more respect and could mean "honorable one, great one, respectful one" but is not neccessary. They both mean Older brother or sister, respectively.

Sakura means cherry blossom.

And Girls Bravo, while an decent anime, doesn't even come close to the popularity and the success of Love Hina, Azumanga or Chobits. Also on a sidenote, Azumanga isn't in the same genre as Chobits/Love Hina besides the fact that they're all comedy. Love Hina, Girls Bravo and Chobits falls in the category of ecchi/romance comedy while Azumanga Daioh is just plain comedy with a hint of shoujo elements.

Maburaho, Magikano, Inukami, DearS, and Ah! My Goddess! are some of the animes I'd recommend for fan of Chobits and alike.

Azumanga is somewhat of a one of a kind. You could check out the Yotsubato manga, by the same person. You can also check out Cromartie High School, which is like Azumanga with guy characters.

Just my $0.02

15. OSW

OSW Wii King
    Former Staff

Its funny how far off topic half of the posts are XD.

personally i liked the Love Hina anime quite alot. And although i've heard the manga is great. I doubt its as brilliant as so many fanbois claim.

Chobits is reasonable anime too. Chi is very cute!

and to that dude 2 posts above, i don't really think it was neccessary to post your japanese knowledge that you gained from all that anime u watch (not that viewing is a bad thing hehe) especially considering how sketchy and useless it is to this topic XD.

16. amtt

amtt Member
    Newcomer

United States
    im actually having the script ripped for me by a friend so then i can translate it and make it one of my groups projects ( we arent alive yet) and if anyone is willing to help me out contact me these ways:

Aim: evilnerfy
    MSN: [email protected]
    Email: [email protected]

We need hackers!

17. amtt

amtt Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Anyways... I have the script and its in tling! just thought id let you all know we still need hackers for our other stuff!

18. johnkelly

johnkelly Newbie
    Newcomer

... Don't want to be rude, but how's it going? The translation, I mean...

19. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT
    Former Staff

United Kingdom
    Given that the last reply was five and a half years ago, I'd say 'not very well'.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translation, Chobits,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.