Homebrew CHMM - Custom HomeMenu Manager

ObeseMudkipz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Every time I try to go on CHHM it shows a red screen at the bottom then goes back to the homebrew menu a few seconds after. Can anyone help? Is there some video tutorial I can see because it'd be much easier

RyeHyena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Can someone make a Danganronpa theme for gundam tanaka? Styled like the ones featured here, if you could; http://3dsthemes.com/Search/danganronpa
I would be so thankful, I have some images here, and I already have a bgm file I like. http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums...umblr_static_026-gundam-title_zps9gmxzx7p.png for the top screen, and http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.79454534.6572/fc,550x550,black.u1.jpg for the bottom? Also, I know I'm already asking for a lot so really only do this if you feel like it, but could I get the buttons and stuff colored as well? #47008F for the accent and #7E4DB1 for the buttons themselves.

Chromzepher

Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm trying to install a custom theme I've made, I've placed the Bin in a folder in /themes
jGH3e.png
and the entry shows up in the list in CHMM. But when I attempt to preview it (I've seen previously in the thread that you can preview it with the Y button), nothing happens, and when I apply it the DS just returns to the default white theme, even if it was on the black theme. I'm currently using the latest version of Tubehax. Would anyone be able to help?

EDIT: So I've downloaded a few themes that others have made, and they seem to work fine but the one I make doesn't seem to want to work. I'm kind of at a loss now :\

Last edited by Chromzepher,

khlover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I'm trying to install a custom theme I've made, I've placed the Bin in a folder in /themes and the entry shows up in the list in CHMM. But when I attempt to preview it (I've seen previously in the thread that you can preview it with the Y button), nothing happens, and when I apply it the DS just returns to the default white theme, even if it was on the black theme. I'm currently using the latest version of Tubehax. Would anyone be able to help?

To get a preview you need to put an image of your theme (YATA+ can create this for example) with the name "preview.png" in your folder.
Rename the .bin file in your folder to "body_LZ.bin"
Before you enter the homebrew manager make sure you use the standard home menu design
Boot up extdatatool and use "Enable persistent theme-cache" (allows you to install custom themes over the standard one)
Boot up CHMM and try to install your theme again, then report back.

Chromzepher

Trophies
XP
Country
To get a preview you need to put an image of your theme (YATA+ can create this for example) with the name "preview.png" in your folder.
Rename the .bin file in your folder to "body_LZ.bin"
Before you enter the homebrew manager make sure you use the standard home menu design
Boot up extdatatool and use "Enable persistent theme-cache" (allows you to install custom themes over the standard one)
Boot up CHMM and try to install your theme again, then report back.

Ah, I'm an idiot. I forgot to rename the .bin to body_LZ. That fixed it right away. Thanks for the help.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Same error as some other people on all systems:

---

Error: [string "?"]:91: error writing file

Press A to restart
Press B to exit

---

When pressing A, it goes back to CHMM
When pressing B, it goes back to HBL
When i reboot my N3DS the used theme is gone and back to the normal white one

N3DS XL
FW 9.9.0-26E
IronHax
Themes are in \Themes

khlover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Same error as some other people on all systems:

---

Press A to restart
Press B to exit

---

When pressing A, it goes back to CHMM
When pressing B, it goes back to HBL
When i reboot my N3DS the used theme is gone and back to the normal white one

N3DS XL
FW 9.9.0-26E
IronHax
Themes are in \Themes
From all the bullshit I've been through with that exact error in the last two days there's (at least) three possibilities:

1. You try to install over a DLC theme even though your theme-cache is set to "persistent theme-cache"
-> Make sure you use the standard menu theme before trying to install your theme

2. In YATA+ you enabled "Use SFX" in Theme Settings even though your theme doesn't use any custom SFX.
-> Uncheck "Use SFX" and rebuild your body_LZ.bin

3. Your bgm.bcstm file is too big.
-> Double-check if it doesn't exceed 3.0MB (the limit is a bit higher, but with 3.0MB you're on the safe side)

Reactions: DjoeN

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
From all the bullshit I've been through with that exact error in the last two days there's (at least) three possibilities:

1. You try to install over a DLC theme even though your theme-cache is set to "persistent theme-cache"
-> Make sure you use the standard menu theme before trying to install your theme

2. In YATA+ you enabled "Use SFX" in Theme Settings even though your theme doesn't use any custom SFX.
-> Uncheck "Use SFX" and rebuild your body_LZ.bin

3. Your bgm.bcstm file is too big.
-> Double-check if it doesn't exceed 3.0MB (the limit is a bit higher, but with 3.0MB you're on the safe side)

- 2) and 3) not possible, i downloaded the themes, so only 1 option left ;)
- 1) you are right about that, there was a DLC theme installed (Tomodachi Life Bubble theme)

And indeed that solved the problem.
Seems even after installing a custom theme, you need to set a standard theme before changing the installed custom theme.

thanks

Oddyesy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a bit of a problem with CHMM. For the most part it works great, but when I try to load a new theme with a preexisting one already there, it gives me:

It's been like this with all 3 themes I've tried so far.

khlover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm having a bit of a problem with CHMM. For the most part it works great, but when I try to load a new theme with a preexisting one already there, it gives me:

It's been like this with all 3 themes I've tried so far.
Change the theme to the standard theme before you install another custom theme. You can't install a custom theme over a custom theme.

Oddyesy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Change the theme to the standard theme before you install another custom theme. You can't install a custom theme over a custom theme.
Ok, thanks! I actually found out when I scrolled up a bit and felt kinda stupid for not reading through the thread before cluttering it. Thanks, though!

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi @Rinnegatamante ! Its been a while..how are you?
In the latest 3ds update, we have the option to save menu arrengement, and i was wondering if its something do-able, to add in chmm, the compatibility with this "theme/menu arrengement" feature? Is the feature in extdata aswell?

As of now, we can save menu arrengement with custom themes, but the theme wont load when actually changing the menu arrengement.. would be awesome if the menu arrengement was linked to chmm, or maybe only being linked to extdata would be enough?..

Lunastras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
N00b here, and I encountered an issue that has been bugging me for a lot of time, I read everything up to page 13 and did everything according to the tutorial (or at least so do I think), I am using 3dsx and I placed the textures where i was told, root>3DS>themes>folder, but anything I do results in the app telling me ''no theme was detected'' or something along those lines, I tried doing copies of the themes, one of which has the ''BodyCache.bin'' format and the other one ''body_LZ.bin'', but none work, the names of the folders are simply ''jojotest'' and ''jojosecondtest'', only ASCII, anybody has a clue?

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
N00b here, and I encountered an issue that has been bugging me for a lot of time, I read everything up to page 13 and did everything according to the tutorial (or at least so do I think), I am using 3dsx and I placed the textures where i was told, root>3DS>themes>folder, but anything I do results in the app telling me ''no theme was detected'' or something along those lines, I tried doing copies of the themes, one of which has the ''BodyCache.bin'' format and the other one ''body_LZ.bin'', but none work, the names of the folders are simply ''jojotest'' and ''jojosecondtest'', only ASCII, anybody has a clue?
Did you use yata+ to compile your theme?

Princess Emily

Smiles innocently...
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Is there a tutorial on how to "install" CHMM to my 3ds? Because the front page doesn't tell me how to do it.

EDIT: Also, I don't understand what he means by "Themes must be put in Themes folder in their own folder (named as you want).
Themes folder for 3DS and CIA users must be put in root of SD Card. (Same if you use Ninjhax 2.0)"

Kinda confusing in my part @.@

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a tutorial on how to "install" CHMM to my 3ds? Because the front page doesn't tell me how to do it.
Just drop the sofware folder (CHMM) in your folder ''3DS'' inside the SD/microSD from your 3ds, and put the themes folder in the root of your 3ds's sd card.
Then start the sofware thru homebrew launcher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?