Homebrew CHMM - Custom HomeMenu Manager

khlover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When I try to install one of my custom themes i get "error: [string "?"]91: error writing file". What causes this error?

basseh

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
can you please help? I get:

Error: [string "?"]:4.0851333093836e-313:Error loading image

Press A to restart
Press B to exit

none of those buttons work

Bongman3000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang, I have my file path set up however my Homebrew Launcher doesn't detect CHHM. I'm currently using Ironhax to access the homebrew launcher. Is there a certain way I have to set up my file path due to launching HL from Ironhax?

My file path is set up like this:

SDHC/3ds/CHHM/CHHM.3dsx

Not sure if this helps but I also have my themes folder set up in the root of the sd card like this:

SDHC/themes

Any help is appreciated!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to install one of my custom themes i get "error: [string "?"]91: error writing file". What causes this error?
You have to have a plain theme such as black, before changing themes. Other words, if you are changing from a homebrew Mario theme to a homebrew Zelda theme, you must have a plain system theme first. Maybe information like this should be added to the OP?

khlover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You have to have a plain theme such as black, before changing themes. Other words, if you are changing from a homebrew Mario theme to a homebrew Zelda theme, you must have a plain system theme first. Maybe information like this should be added to the OP?

Yeah I know, that's not the issue here. I do have a couple of working themes, but one just refuses to work. I made it by simply replacing the top- and bottom screen images in YATA (and then later in CustomThemeTools) and then repacking. However the new theme doesn't work and I get the above error message when I try to install it. When I confirm that message and try to install a theme that usually works I get the same error message. Once I'm back in the home menu I have the music of the first theme and the design of the second one.

When I change back to the standard theme and clean-install the working one it works without problems.
Really bizzare.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know, that's not the issue here. I do have a couple of working themes, but one just refuses to work. I made it by simply replacing the top- and bottom screen images in YATA (and then later in CustomThemeTools) and then repacking. However the new theme doesn't work and I get the above error message when I try to install it. When I confirm that message and try to install a theme that usually works I get the same error message. Once I'm back in the home menu I have the music of the first theme and the design of the second one.

When I change back to the standard theme and clean-install the working one it works without problems.
Really bizzare.
Oh, well... I haven't had that happen yet, so I can't even help you even a little. Lol

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Dang, I have my file path set up however my Homebrew Launcher doesn't detect CHHM. I'm currently using Ironhax to access the homebrew launcher. Is there a certain way I have to set up my file path due to launching HL from Ironhax?

My file path is set up like this:

SDHC/3ds/CHHM/CHHM.3dsx

Not sure if this helps but I also have my themes folder set up in the root of the sd card like this:

SDHC/themes

Any help is appreciated!
It's CHMM not CHHM but as long as the .3dsx haves the same name as the folder it's into it should show up on the hombrew channel. Triple check for any typo. Also not sure if it makes a diference but if it doesn't recognize the themes once you run it put the letter T on the themes folder in uppercase. Good luck

Reactions: Bongman3000

Bongman3000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's CHMM not CHHM but as long as the .3dsx haves the same name as the folder it's into it should show up on the hombrew channel. Triple check for any typo. Also not sure if it makes a diference but if it doesn't recognize the themes once you run it put the letter T on the themes folder in uppercase. Good luck

Thank you so much. I cannot believe that typo was the problem the whole time.

Reactions: JJTapia19

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

Really bizzare.
Please use YATA+! Link in my signature!

powerKitten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CHMM doesnt seem to detect my themes, what am I doing wrong?
Filepath: E:\3ds\CHMM\Themes\Thank You, Iwata-kun
CHMM.3dsx is in CHMN.
If it helps im using OLD 9.9 with IronHax using 2.0 boot.3dsx

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
CHMM doesnt seem to detect my themes, what am I doing wrong?
Filepath: E:\3ds\CHMM\Themes\Thank You, Iwata-kun
CHMM.3dsx is in CHMN.
If it helps im using OLD 9.9 with IronHax using 2.0 boot.3dsx
Move the Themes folder (NOT its content, the folder itself) to the root of your SD card! ;)

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
OK, it's actually loading and everything on my end (fixed red screen), but...

I tried to install a Kirby theme from a site called 3dsthemes.com, it didn't come with a ThemeManage.bin and when I installed it, it didn't show up...

When I installed it nothing showed up.

Help please.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1