Homebrew CHMM - Custom HomeMenu Manager

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
This version crashes for me when I scroll through my themes. Crashes to home menu and 3DS restarts.

(9.2.0-20 E 3DSxl, Ninjhax)

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For auto-preview, you mean extracting bg from theme itself? Don't know how images are packed in ThemeCache.
I don't know how the images are stored in the ThemeCache, but they are inside the body_lz.bin ,and accessing them is not all that difficult. You can take a look at my source code, but keep in mind that body_lz.bin needs to be decompressed first (I'm using DSdecmp for that) for my code to work.

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Check if it is an issue related to a specific theme or not.
I'm waiting your answer.
I tried it twice, one when scrolling down on my themes and another when scrolling up. When scrolling up, it crashed when I should've accessed the last theme in the list, when scrolling down, way before. From approximation, looks like it crashes when I access a theme that would be all those fitting on screen from the last.
(I don't think I managed to be clear, did I manage to be clear ? :/ )

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using GW emunand and the .CIA version and the sound never works, i have a custom theme installed i installed with extdata tool
when i use CHMM it just changes the body_LZ.bin but sound won't change
i created these themes and sound and install them with extdatatool and they work no problem

i have sd:themes/theme name/ body_LZ.bin
and
sd:themes/theme name/ BgmCache.bin

and it just changes everything but the sound
what am i doing wrong?
do i need to just rename the BgmCash.bin files?

EDIT: yes renaming the BgmCache.bin files to BGM.bcstm worked , you might want to add that to the OP so people don't have to read through 16 pages to find out that this tool does not work with BgmCache.bin files or better yet maybe it is possible to add support for BgmCache.bin files?

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
Im having a couple of problems. The themes would not be installed even though it says installing. After pressing A and the notification disappearing, i pressed start and no chamge happened.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having a couple of problems. The themes would not be installed even though it says installing. After pressing A and the notification disappearing, i pressed start and no chamge happened.

did you press power then home? you need to reboot the home menu screen for it to take effect

SkipFox

Trophies
XP
Country
Love this custom theme is their any chance turn up the volume setting in the theme seems to quite?. Maybe have something like high bit sound setting?. Another idea is to see all the text in theme names.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Errr....I cant get the prompt to appear while running CHMM.....

EDIT:

Found out how to do it.
Hold power button for about a second or two, then press home, then press start.

no just press start 1st to exit CHHM first ,then press power from the home screen , then press home

shadyblack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
btw guys, how do you change the BGM for a theme?
The one I found played a short version that ticked me off.
Want to go change the length

You do not literally change the BGM, you create it.
Download these tools:
- Every File Explorer by Gericom
- Audacity
- BRSTM/BCSTM Converter (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-brstm-bcstm-conversion-tool-beta.378702/)
Source :https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-make-a-custom-3ds-theme.377533/
1. Locate MP3 or WAV file for the BGM
2. Load it into Audacity. Edit your wav file (delete some parts of your WAV/MP3 file)
3. Export as WAV
4. Open BRSTM/BCSTM Converter
5. Click "Convert audio to BRSTM", locate your exported WAV file and locate the dir you wish to save and supply a filename.
6. Close and re-open BRSTM/BCSTM Converter. Click "Convert BRSTM to BCSTM".
7. Rename the file as BGM.bcstm and transfer it along with body_LZ.bin in these directories for these users
Ninjhax users:
Theme files: driveLetter:/3DS/CHMM/Themes/MyThemeName/
GW users:
Theme files: driveLetter:/Themes/MyThemeName/

in your SD card of your 3DS (internal microSD card for NN3DS)

Reactions: SkipFox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol