Hacking Chkdisk.exe for Windows

sirdashadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been lurking the forums for many years and I have seen people formatting their SD Cards over and over everytime they have corruption. That could lead to a premature death of the flash card depending on the way you format it. I used to go to the command line and do a chkdsk on the drive of the memory card to fix it, but I know a lot of people are scared of the command line.

So I found a little program I've been using for a while called checkDisk.exe that is just a GUI for windows to the command line. It is not a front-end...it will actually invoke the Windows routines to check the disk. Hope this helps some people out there.

Moderators feel free to sticky/move the post if you want to whenever you think it could be most useful. I can't attach files because I just registered...

http://www.paehl.de/checkdisk.zip

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Seeing you're a new member here, I didn't think posting a link to a program (.exe) was very appropriate.
This could easily have raised suspicion, I'm sure you understand why.

However I just checked out the program you're linking to and I just wanted to confirm that it is a legit, working program (not a virus/malware).
Just saying, in case other people would have doubts about it.

Thanks for the tip, sirdshadow.

sirdashadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Costello, I figured it would be better if you guys check it out for the reasons that you mentioned. The sad thing is that when I tried to do a google search on the program, another "checkdisk.exe" came up that masquerades as a trojan
frown.gif

But I've been using the program for at least a year, long before I got an R4DS and it works very well...

In any case here is the author's download page with all of his programs http://www.paehl.de/english.php . There is some interesting stuff there as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-