Hacking Chipped wii and want USB loader

jamesk9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I chipped my wii years ago with the winja chip. What I want to do now is load the games I own and play then off of a USB hard drive.. Do I still need to do the softmod or is there a way to load HB with the winja? From what I understand, all Im needing is the HBC. My firmware is at 43u and the drive is a d2c. Was looking at the Wode Jukebox, but was wondering if its even necessary to accomplish (storing games that I already own on a HD) I kinda like the idea of being able to rip games that I own to the HD using the built in d2c drive.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You need to softmod your wii and you don't need to buy WODE, you can use USB Loader, that's it. I never tried it, but I'm sure it's possible to load homebrew from a modchip, but I don't know how because I don't have a modchip.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow this guide in order to softmod your Wii. Since your Wii is already chipped, you should be able to use backups of Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Lego Indiana Jones, or Yu-Gi-OH 5D's Wheelie Breakers.

jamesk9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The modmii app worked like a charm.. Backed up everything and loaded everything. Now im off to buy an external hard drive. WOW, that was easy. Hats off to Xflax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...