Chinese Switch games are region locked

  • Thread starter Thread starter thewannacryguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 3,192
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Likes Likes 2

thewannacryguy

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Dec 16, 2019
Messages
90
Reaction score
105
Trophies
0
Location
Up your ass
XP
341
Country
Korea, North
Physical games released in mainland China will only work on consoles manufactured for the mainland China region. I assume that the same games will be unavailable on the eShop, even if you change your region to mainland China.

The impact on westerners will be minimal. Atmosphere will probably be updated to remove the region lock. The games are likely only playable in Chinese so most westerners wont consider playing them anyway.

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...id_importing_physical_switch_games_from_china
 
China will never collapse since everytime we have in this world is produced in China
China produces time itself? Jeezus; I do NOT like the sound of that...they could go back and get rid of any anti-China plans! They could conquer the world itself with chronokinesis! Here I thought you needed to have a magical blue ocarina, have a blue English telephone booth, a magical harp, the assistance of a giant blue metallic dragon, a small hourglass necklace, or be a Chronosapien to pull that off!

But nope; China just produces time. Who knew chronokinesis was so simple?
 
Somehow, I think the commercial makes more sense than the USA version.....but has a severe lack of Kate....thankfully, we can Hekate it up.....maybe
naehrwert,
st4rk
CTCaer
derrek,
nedwill,
plutoo,
shuffle2,
smea,
thexyz,
yellows8.
as well as fincs,
hexkyz,
SciresM,
Shiny Quagsire,
WinterMute.


Although, I just noticed the Hero of Time is missing, too.....
https://www.newyorker.com/culture/richard-brody/china-bans-time-travel

Here I thought you needed to have a magical blue ocarina
Not in China, you don't. You don't disrespect history...or reincarnate without permission....which may make for some hilarious game censoring.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/08/31/asia/china-banned-on-tv-censorship/index.html
https://www.newsweek.com/china-regulates-buddhist-reincarnation-99067

So I guess they'll have: NSMB: D : Deluxe, MK8: Not Deluxe, SMO: Chinese D for about three years......I kind of want to play The Legend of Genshin Impacted LoZ on Switch.

I also want to play those
A key part of Nintendo’s strategy in China is partnering with one of the country’s biggest technology and gaming companies. Tencent runs China’s popular messaging service WeChat and has cloud computing capabilities. It also has regulatory know-how in China.

“Tencent has increased the appeal of the Nintendo Switch in China by including a one-year warranty with the console, Tencent servers to power online play, WeChat pay support and high-quality localized titles,” Niko Partners said in a note. “We believe that Tencent can continue to increase the appeal of Switch in China through the introduction of the cheaper Switch Lite, cloud gaming services, free to play titles and self-developed Tencent titles.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/10/nintendo-switch-goes-on-sale-in-china-shares-rise.html
 

Site & Scene News