Chinese GM Cows Produce Human Breast Milk

bdacanay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'd prefer humans that produce cow milk. So then I won't have to get up and go to the kitchen to grab some after-sex victory milk.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quietlyawesome94 said:
Excuse me for my Laziness, I didn't see this thread.

No problem dude, I've accidentally done it myself
wink.gif

If it's coming from cows, would it just be different cow breast milk instead of human breast milk? Plus I outgrew that shit a while ago.

bdacanay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
Whatthefuckingfuckityfuckfuck???????????????

I hope people dont buy that and actually feed it to their kids.
The worst thing that will happen is that they drink cow milk, which is delicious. It's a win-win situation.

Acetic Orcein

Trophies
XP
Country
Grrr something that really irritates me is when people are quick to hate on GM, because they've been poisoned by crap from Greenpeace. (Sorry, I'm a scientist
biggrin.gif
).

While I'm not particularly keen on human breast milk from cows, GM animals have the potential to completely revolutionise medicine, alpha-1-antitrypsin (AAT) in sheep for example.

People are quick to say 'it's messing with nature', but development of many common drugs involved messing with nature. Drugs extracted from plants... animal genes were used in medicine etc. I can absolutely understand why people would be against human breast milk in cows (because that's pretty creepy). But it's research like this that can help to progress GM and medicine as a whole.

The reason you'd use an animal host over... say doing it in cell culture (in vitro), is essentially that most proteins require specific modifications, which can only really occur in eukaryotic organisms (animals/plants etc). GM animals also avoid infection via human diseases (HIV/ hepatitis B), and are generally cheaper once you've established the transgenic animal. So you'd use that animal to express your (helpful) gene of interest, e.g. in the milk of a cow/sheep. You'd then purify the milk to obtain a protein which could have therapeutic benefit. That's kind of the basis for using transgenic animals in medicine.

I can understand people hating on the breastmilk thing, but I really don't think people should be so quick to hate on GM at all. I'm not saying let's start worshipping and making out with GM products or anything, but I just think it's important people have an understanding of what it can do, without just closing their minds to it...

/end rant

I'm sorry
frown.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually one of the very reasons we have developed lactose intolerance is because Humans drink milk from cows. It's not supposed to happen because cows differ in nutritious needs vastly compared to Humans. (Not including people born with the intolerance)\

//Mistakes.

Yoster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, really, think about it.

I drink only soymilk. Why? Because dairy milk come from cow tits, and were never meant for us humans to gurgle down. They were mean for cattle. Which makes me feel sick just thinking about it.
So I think its ironic how creeped out people really get from this. Not that it isnt creepy.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yoster said:

I drink only soymilk. Why? Because dairy milk come from cow tits, and were never meant for us humans to gurgle down. They were mean for cattle. Which makes me feel sick just thinking about it.
So I think its ironic how creeped out people really get from this. Not that it isnt creepy.
also it's breastmilk that's meant for humans...soymilk was also a product of human experiments. not genetically. but soy beans wasn't liquid to begin with. they were meant to be planted since they're seeds.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
First reading it, I think "What the hell?"

I mean, inserting human genes into cows is just unnatural. It;s wrong, and is something within (possible) God's Domain which we shouldn't fuck with. It's almost like if we just started herding female humans for breastmilk; honestly where can society draw the line? it's sick and inhumane to imagine female humans just naked and being drained of their milk... what makes it ok to do to animals? ESPECIALLY ones that have our genetics directly added to them? On top of the fact cows already have a similar DNA structure to us...

I personally think nothing is wrong with drinking human breastmilk. It HONESTLY is the natural thing to do, and it definitely is better for you. But thanks to taboo and society as a whole something like that could be considered "lactation fetish" and be casts aside as wrong, bizarre, etc.

Once again where can we honestly draw the line? So it it WRONG for babies to be breastfed too if adults can't without being considered sick? OH, or is it ok BECAUSE they DON'T KNOW BETTER? What if a 6 year old unknowingly commits murder, should he or she receive jail time?

The world is so fucked up. I can't believe what it has become...

@ Acetic Orcein: You provide a very valid point. So many breakthrough, life saving medical discoveries are due to humans "messing with nature". But even if you think about it, is it wrong to prolong somebody's life if they are "meant to die?"

SO many conflicting viewpoints from scientific minds, religious minds, and the latter... who are we to judge others when others believe wholeheartedly the exact opposite of us?

Yoster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narayan said:
Yoster said:

also it's breastmilk that's meant for humans...soymilk was also a product of human experiments. not genetically. but soy beans wasn't liquid to begin with. they were meant to be planted since they're seeds.

Thats beside the point, cows make their milk for their young, and we're sucking it out of them and drinking it. Soybeans are nothing like animals, and they dont produce a substance meant for their own offsprings' well being.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I know that human genes in a cow is sick, but what's the problem with it? Most of the time, we've been unknowingly eating GM foods - corn, potatoes, tomatoes, vegetable oil, canola oil....

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Yoster said:
Narayan said:
Yoster said:

Thats beside the point, cows make their milk for their young, and we're sucking it out of them and drinking it. Soybeans are nothing like animals, and they dont produce a substance meant for their own offsprings' well being.

Here's a curveball for ya. You know it's been (supposedly) proven plants do FEEL pain, right? SO when that soybean plant is being torn limb from limb and it's body parts are being torn to shreds to produce your beverage, know you took many, many lives for it instead of draining it from a cow.

@s4mid4re: SO TRUE. About 80 percent of all our store bought products have been pumped with beef hormones, to promote growth and "enhance" them. So people saying that this is wrong, do you EAT at all? You're eating products that are practically the same as these cows.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yoster said:
Narayan said:
Yoster said:

my point is, you said "were never meant for us humans to gurgle down"

so was soy beans made by nature for human consumption?

i know the soymilk is fit for human consumption. after many years of people drinking it. you won't know something is poison unless you take it in you. don't give me the common sense crap. people long ago don't know what a soybean is. to them almost all plants look the same.

it's just that today, things are pre-programmed in our minds and we're so used to it so we always 'think' something new is 'wrong'.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yoster said:

I drink milk on a daily basis. I frickin' love it. And fuck the "it was not meant for us" argument. It's a bad argument that really doesn't old water and doesn't prove anything. I'll continue drink cow milk until the day I die and none of your pitiful arguments will make me change my mind.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
Yoster said:

I drink milk on a daily basis. I frickin' love it. And fuck the "it was not meant for us" argument. It's a bad argument that really doesn't old water and doesn't prove anything. I'll continue drink cow milk until the day I die and none of your pitiful arguments will make me change my mind.
Well, many people develop allergies to dairy products. Usually after drinking milk for many years. I have a slight allergy that I developed myself. It doesn't stop me, but it could get worse. It really isn't meant for human consumption. However since Milk is heavily moderated in North America, there are few problems that arise from it.

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
O9RaS.jpg

tpi.gif
Best post in the topic if you ask me. I know someone already said it but I'd also like to drink that milk straight from the source

iceissocold said:
"It's better for you because it's genetically modified."

How is modified better than natural?
Guess by the logic trying to fill in nature's flaws I guess?
unsure.gif

QUOTE(Hop2089 @ Jun 8 2011, 10:46 AM)
As for the cow girl, where's Sasha when you need him.
Good reference, Just watched the new ep of series 2 earlier. Although come to think of it, in a way that cow girl sort of looks like Tomo in a way doesn't she?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car