Hardware Cheer me up...

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch will be backwards compatible with all previous generations of games. Just please repurchase every game again through our Virtual Console. How many times can someone buy the original Mario. Let's see if all the VC games you bought on Wii U and 3DS are redownloadable on the switch. My guess is it will cost ya.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
People are so butthurt because of the online service :D
So what you want is 100% uptime, huge server capacity but you don't want to pay a single cent for it, probably not even for the games, since you'll pirate them as soon as that's possible.
You also want backwards compatibility with Wii U and 3DS games which would need an entirely different architecture which would in turn greatly hinder the development of third party games, which you guys would use to bicker about the lack of such titles.

If gaming is too expensive for you, maybe you should stick to another hobby.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
My guess is that Nintendo are already in the advanced stages of designing a 3DS successor, seeing how long the 3DS has been out for.
If the Switch is successful, the xDS will not see the light of day and Nintendo will concentrate on the one converged platform - possibly making a Switch mini or portable-only version. If the Switch does badly, then Nintendo will release the xDS to ensure they still have a hold on the portable gaming side of things.

Reactions: foob

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
People are so butthurt because of the online service :D
So what you want is 100% uptime, huge server capacity but you don't want to pay a single cent for it, probably not even for the games, since you'll pirate them as soon as that's possible.
You also want backwards compatibility with Wii U and 3DS games which would need an entirely different architecture which would in turn greatly hinder the development of third party games, which you guys would use to bicker about the lack of such titles.

If gaming is too expensive for you, maybe you should stick to another hobby.

Some people just outright won't be able to pay. Nintendo gave Brazil the good ol' middle finger and we can't even use the eShop on the Wii U, how are we going to pay for the online if they don't even take our national cards on the 3DS?

fatsquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Paid online service is totally OK. It is optional. Stop crying.
There are some other reasons to complain, but that is not one.
Multiplayer its locked behind a subscription paywall so NO it is not optional.
Buying a 70$ game is not enough apparently. They want a subscription for those 3 multiplayer games that were announced.

Basically a rerelease of Mario Kart 8 (free multiplayer on WiiU)
Splatoon (2) which looks same if not worse than WiiU
That gimmick punching game that will be fun for 10 minutes and never again

Last edited by fatsquirrel,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buying a 70$ game is not enough apparently. They want a subscription for those 3 multiplayer games that were announced.

Wow, you complain too much. :switch:

Last edited by spotanjo3,
Reactions: XRaTiX

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I don't know how much it will cost in the Switch, but considering how much it costs for Xbox One and PS4 (next to nothing per month) I really think it is not a point to complain. And what I meant is that MULTIPLAYER is optional.

fatsquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, you complain too much. :switch:
You are right!
I should blindly buy things that are thrown at my face for $$$ and not think what I buy at all. Why do I need this thing called brain anyway.

this will cheer you up!

Sure did :D
I don't know how much it will cost in the Switch, but considering how much it costs for Xbox One and PS4 (next to nothing per month) I really think it is not a point to complain. And what I meant is that MULTIPLAYER is optional.
I (or anyone of us common peasants) dont know anything about the service they will offer but if its similar to what the have now (current eshop) , they should be paying us to use it because its crap.
When I buy a game on my PC and that game has multiplayer, that isnt optional, it is a part of a game. (apart from mmorpgs ofc)

This is like, buy Counter Strike and then either pay additional 15$ a month or play with bots. Its a retarded concept that unfortunately Sony started with PS3 and now with 4...(Xbox is the same but noone cares for that anyway)

Also Im quite shocked how someone mentioned in one of the other switch threads that they will gladly cash out for the subscription if they will offer 1 or 2 VC games per month free of charge with it. :blink:

Maybe Im overreacting over this but damn its a stupid move Nintendo. I really didnt expect it.

Last edited by fatsquirrel,
Reactions: ArturDat3DS

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are right!
I should blindly buy things that are thrown at my face for $$$ and not think what I buy at all. Why do I need this thing called brain anyway.

Sure did :D

I (or anyone of us common peasants) dont know anything about the service they will offer but if its similar to what the have now (current eshop) , they should be paying us to use it because its crap.
When I buy a game on my PC and that game has multiplayer, that isnt optional, it is a part of a game. (apart from mmorpgs ofc)

This is like, buy Counter Strike and then either pay additional 15$ a month or play with bots. Its a retarded concept that unfortunately Sony started with PS3 and now with 4...(Xbox is the same but noone cares for that anyway)

Also Im quite shocked how someone mentioned in one of the other switch threads that they will gladly cash out for the subscription if they will offer 1 or 2 VC games per month free of charge with it. :blink:

Maybe Im overreacting over this but damn its a stupid move Nintendo. I really didnt expect it.

Unless the game is strictly multiplayer only? Multiplayer is optional no matter what. Does it take an experience away? Sure, but if that's a problem don't buy the game or the console. You can't compare Counter Strike to this scenario and I think you're aware of that.

D

Deleted User

Well its offical,the switch is a peasant box and to be forever scorned by the pcmasterrace.We now have to pay 60$ a year to evolve our alakazams and gengars on top of the fee for using pokebank to transfer older gen mons to the switch.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Zorua

I'm not a furry.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry. $300, 3 games at launch (or was it 2?), $80 for 2 joycons, $70 for a pro controller, about as powerful as a gaming tablet, 720p screen, 2.5 hour battery life and paid online. Oh also, an incredibly cringe-worthy press conference. It's practically destined to fail. We'll get a 3DS successor eventually but this is most certainly not it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1