Cheer me up...

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by fatsquirrel, Jan 13, 2017.

1. fatsquirrel
    OP

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    Please tell me that Nintendo is planning a 3ds successor and that Switch is not it. :glare:

invaderyoyo and Hayleia like this.
  2. stl25

stl25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 3, 2008
    United States
    Here, there and everywhere
    The Switch will be backwards compatible with all previous generations of games. Just please repurchase every game again through our Virtual Console. How many times can someone buy the original Mario. Let's see if all the VC games you bought on Wii U and 3DS are redownloadable on the switch. My guess is it will cost ya.

3. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    just like the online?

ArturDat3DS and stl25 like this.
  4. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
  5. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    This thread is pointless.

6. stl25

stl25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 3, 2008
    United States
    Here, there and everywhere
    Nintendo Switch the best place for online multiplayer said no one EVER!!!!!!

7. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    I don't understand, would you prefer 540p to 720p?

8. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    PS4 has paid multiplayer, Xbox 360 and Xbox One has paid multiplayer so why the hell you're overreacting so much?

Tomato Hentai and VinsCool like this.
  9. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Germany
    Munich
    People are so butthurt because of the online service :D
    So what you want is 100% uptime, huge server capacity but you don't want to pay a single cent for it, probably not even for the games, since you'll pirate them as soon as that's possible.
    You also want backwards compatibility with Wii U and 3DS games which would need an entirely different architecture which would in turn greatly hinder the development of third party games, which you guys would use to bicker about the lack of such titles.

If gaming is too expensive for you, maybe you should stick to another hobby.

invaderyoyo, cvskid, 'Don and 16 others like this.
  10. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    My guess is that Nintendo are already in the advanced stages of designing a 3DS successor, seeing how long the 3DS has been out for.
    If the Switch is successful, the xDS will not see the light of day and Nintendo will concentrate on the one converged platform - possibly making a Switch mini or portable-only version. If the Switch does badly, then Nintendo will release the xDS to ensure they still have a hold on the portable gaming side of things.

foob likes this.
  11. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Somewhere in the south
    Some people just outright won't be able to pay. Nintendo gave Brazil the good ol' middle finger and we can't even use the eShop on the Wii U, how are we going to pay for the online if they don't even take our national cards on the 3DS?

'Don, boomario and GamingAori like this.
  12. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Paid online service is totally OK. It is optional. Stop crying.
    There are some other reasons to complain, but that is not one.

MichiS97 likes this.
  13. fatsquirrel
    OP

Nov 11, 2013
    Multiplayer its locked behind a subscription paywall so NO it is not optional.
    Buying a 70$ game is not enough apparently. They want a subscription for those 3 multiplayer games that were announced.

Basically a rerelease of Mario Kart 8 (free multiplayer on WiiU)
    Splatoon (2) which looks same if not worse than WiiU
    That gimmick punching game that will be fun for 10 minutes and never again

Last edited by fatsquirrel, Jan 13, 2017
  14. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Wow, you complain too much. :switch:

Last edited by azoreseuropa, Jan 13, 2017
    XRaTiX likes this.
  15. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    this will cheer you up!

huma_dawii likes this.
  16. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I don't know how much it will cost in the Switch, but considering how much it costs for Xbox One and PS4 (next to nothing per month) I really think it is not a point to complain. And what I meant is that MULTIPLAYER is optional.

17. fatsquirrel
    OP

Nov 11, 2013
    You are right!
    I should blindly buy things that are thrown at my face for $$$ and not think what I buy at all. Why do I need this thing called brain anyway.

Sure did :D
    I (or anyone of us common peasants) dont know anything about the service they will offer but if its similar to what the have now (current eshop) , they should be paying us to use it because its crap.
    When I buy a game on my PC and that game has multiplayer, that isnt optional, it is a part of a game. (apart from mmorpgs ofc)

This is like, buy Counter Strike and then either pay additional 15$ a month or play with bots. Its a retarded concept that unfortunately Sony started with PS3 and now with 4...(Xbox is the same but noone cares for that anyway)

Also Im quite shocked how someone mentioned in one of the other switch threads that they will gladly cash out for the subscription if they will offer 1 or 2 VC games per month free of charge with it. :blink:

Maybe Im overreacting over this but damn its a stupid move Nintendo. I really didnt expect it.

Last edited by fatsquirrel, Jan 13, 2017
    ArturDat3DS likes this.
  18. DarkenedMatter

DarkenedMatter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 26, 2013
    United States
    Unless the game is strictly multiplayer only? Multiplayer is optional no matter what. Does it take an experience away? Sure, but if that's a problem don't buy the game or the console. You can't compare Counter Strike to this scenario and I think you're aware of that.

19. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Well its offical,the switch is a peasant box and to be forever scorned by the pcmasterrace.We now have to pay 60$ a year to evolve our alakazams and gengars on top of the fee for using pokebank to transfer older gen mons to the switch.

Last edited by Ominous66521, Jan 13, 2017
    hobbledehoy899 likes this.
  20. Zorua

Zorua I'm not a furry.

Oct 11, 2011
    United States
    Don't worry. $300, 3 games at launch (or was it 2?), $80 for 2 joycons, $70 for a pro controller, about as powerful as a gaming tablet, 720p screen, 2.5 hour battery life and paid online. Oh also, an incredibly cringe-worthy press conference. It's practically destined to fail. We'll get a 3DS successor eventually but this is most certainly not it.

invaderyoyo, Bernhard, stl25 and 3 others like this.