Check disk windows 7

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by obito, Jun 13, 2010.

Jun 13, 2010

Check disk windows 7 by obito at 6:59 AM (597 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. obito
    OP

Member obito I can have a title?! :O

New Zealand
    So I remember one time I was using a crap USB reader that kept connecting and disconnecting, and I got a message on the taskbar that some of my files were corrupted.. But nothing was wrong. And then once I put my MSD on my dad's laptop with windows 7 and I got a message that I might need to run a check or something.. So I did, and after it said any problems found were put in a folder called "found". But I checked, and I got a bin file called RAM. what do I do with it? Can I just delete it?

2. spark1223

Member spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Unless it's something you recognize, it's safe to delete. I have and haven't had issues

3. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    They're letting you know that you're supposed to eject the device before you yank the plug or memory card. Otherwise a program may be in the middle of a writing operation, which leads to corrupted data. The file you found was probably just junk from something similar to this. Just eject the device from now on and you won't have to worry about it.

4. spark1223

Member spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Windows does have an option for quick removal, but its not foolproof. I suggest taking dibs advice if you don't want the annoyance of the file system running into issues. Although, I'm not so sure its only an issue of the pc, because I've had my file system run into errors after being only in my acekard. FAT and FAT32 are old file systems, they're also not the most stable...