Cheats not working

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Ethevion, Mar 17, 2012.

Mar 17, 2012

Cheats not working by Ethevion at 12:23 AM (966 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Ethevion
    OP

Member Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Canada
    I'm using an Acekard 2i on my DS Lite running 1.8.9. I'm trying to use the cheats for Pokemon HeartGold but none of them seem to be working. Any ideas?

2. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
    does one put cheat file in akaio folder

3. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I just checked with your same setup and I can tell you a clean rom of Pokemon HeartGold with the newest usrcheat.dat works great. My guess is you're using a patched rom or you need to delete the .cc files from all your attempts to get cheats to work. Some people found success when they ran into this issue by reducing the number of cheats for the game by using the R4cce program.

Also, obtain the newest version of the usrcheat.dat file, by downloading DS-Scene Rom Tool. :D

1 person likes this.
  4. Ethevion
    OP

Member Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Canada
    I tried what you first memtioned about the game ID and it didn't work. After editing the id it can't find the cheat database anymore. I also tried getting a clean ROM, but it still doesn't work.

Edit: I just tried 1.8.9z, and it still didn't work. It's wierd because I've played the game before and I was able to get the cheats to work.

Edit again: I tried another clean rom from another site and this time it worked. I'm guessing the second download wasn't clean when it was posted as clea. -.-
    Thanks for all of the help jimmyemunoz.

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    next time you could try to verify your rom by CRC against a known goodset listing. that way you will know if the site you "purcahsed" it from is hosting a clean good dump or not.

-another world

6. ComeTurismO

Member ComeTurismO CTO

Canada
    Make sure you have an Updated USRCHEAT.dat file in

Your Root Of SD Card > Folder (aio) > Cheats > just put it there.

If not working, go to this link download Flashcart helper. When opened, press 8 (which is for Ds-scene rom helper)
    Download it, when a folder comes called 'COPY_TO_SD' put whatever file comes and drag it into the cheats folder i told you about

YOU MAY ALSO FIND A CLEANER ROM BUT DON'T DELETE THE .SAV FILE I SUGGEST YOU DOWNLOAD THE ROM FROM DOWNLOADFREEROMS.KAMRANWEB.COM OR COOLROM.COM