cheats do not work

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Grombo, Aug 25, 2008.

Aug 25, 2008

cheats do not work by Grombo at 11:02 AM (695 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Grombo

Newcomer Grombo Newbie

Aug 25, 2008
    sorry to waste ur time, i was just rly stupid, i had action replay disable in the patches menu.
    please delete this topic

i've downloaded the ultimate cheats package .dat file and all that, put them on my ds under _ak2/cheats
    i press X on pokemon diamond, then go DB select, choose the said cheats file, hit rebuild and when its done all the cheats pop up.
    i go down to the master ball x999 and press X on it, then there is a [0] next to it instead of the [X] that was there.

then i press a to save, when i launch pokemon, and get in game, i press L+R like it says but nothing happens.
  2. Smiths

Member Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

Feb 24, 2003
    The land of Dairy Queen
    United States
    Yeah. to be honest I don't like the patches all starting as disabled, since it typically is the first "problem" many have (and I'm not laying blame, I'm saying it shouldn't be).

But I know if we turned it on by default (soft-reset, cheats, etc.) it'd lead to some thins not working from the start.

I think worst case scenario we just make a stupid "splash screen" that runs on first boot (of a clean install) that simply says like "welcome, please remember patches are disabled by default"

but that would require yet another globalsetting and Norm's sick of me making more [​IMG]
  3. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 1, 2004
    United States
    Ideally, stick the information in the readme and leave it at that. But we all know how many people browse the readmes.

It occurs to me that the majority of issues I have, I tend to resolve while on hold waiting for tech support. So I can entirely relate to this thread. Cheers.