Cheating on Mario Kart Online - are you a prick?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by RitchieRitchie, Dec 25, 2015.

1. RitchieRitchie
    OP

RitchieRitchie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2013
    Simple question. Played a game earlier and someone was cheating, totally ruined the game. I thought he was a prick.

2. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    If he's an FTW, then he was. Hackers who do it just for fun and don't harm other players and purposely get last are fine.

Kafke and RitchieRitchie like this.
  3. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2002
    Nothing you can do about it I'm afraid.

It's going to get a whole lot more common from here on out thanks to Gateway's latest update. At least NTR disabled wifi while cheats were enabled to prevent cheating online.

To be honest, the responsibility of preventing cheating in MK online rests firmly on Nintendo's shoulders. But they can only do do much.

zoogie likes this.
  4. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    yeah hes a noob. Id be nice if server deleted their saves when they cheat. In goldeneye on the wii noobs cheat all the time and i destroy them. good times

5. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    that was me, THANKS GW

honyo29, akira123 and keyra like this.
  6. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    Spider cheats also works online, and rom hacks?

7. DarkFlare69

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    And "powerful" codes are in responsible hands... we could ruin mk7 online by releasing item hacks, speed hacks, instant win, etc. But we choose to keep them private.

8. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Too bad online play isn't like local play for Mario Kart DS. The only things transmitted are button presses, so from the cheater's perspective it's a win, but from everyone elses perspective the cheater was driving directly into a wall the whole time.

Last time I tried that, both DS's thought the other lost.

Ammako likes this.
  9. DarkFlare69

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Wouldn't that also reduce lag a lot since it only has to send/recieve a little data?

10. eggsample

eggsample punahussy

Mar 29, 2010
    Poland
    Cheating is the main reason for stopping playing certain game. I dropped KarioKart DS becouse of cheaters.
    cheats+drugs=lame^3

11. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    I'd probably do this though lol. I wouldn't want to use my hacks to gain an unfair advantage.

12. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    Iv seen alot of mario kart cheaters and it suck that people think they need to cheat instead of just enjoy the game. The worst one i saw was back when Mario Kart wii was active, people would start the race immediately using bullet bill before we even hit the first corner. Iv not seen any obvious cheaters on Mario kart 7/8 yet but its only a matter of time i guess. I once tried to stop people abusing the old wuhu mountain glitch tho

13. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I recall a thread where a similar mention of things happening like that for an older mario kart game came up.
    Fortunately this is all on a system I do not care for and a game I care even less for or this might be one of those proverbial red rag to a bull situations.

14. Trolling

Trolling This Username is taken. Problem?

Jul 29, 2012
    Netherlands
    Behind you
    Just use the disconnect glitch and you'll be golden.

15. DDTarZan

DDTarZan Never getting laid again /s

Nov 11, 2009
    United States
    In some trees
    Definitely not a pick online. Tried some cheats online with MKWii, had my fun in a couple races, stopped. It's just not fun when people are disconnecting from the game and it's your fault.

16. ninjanick999

ninjanick999 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2014
    United States
    It's too bad we have to lock up all the codes because of losers using them on WiFi. It's fun using cheat codes on single player, but when people start using them online, then it just ruins the game.

RitchieRitchie likes this.