Cheapest R4 price being shipped out of the US?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by six-five-two, Dec 11, 2007.

1. six-five-two
    OP

Member six-five-two GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Well I need 10 R4's except buying from Gameyeeeah ships out from Hong Kong so they will charge duty when it enters the United States. So I need a store that ships from the United States and has the cheapest rates possible for an R4 (English Version) WITH NO MICROSD. Thanks!

Also, does buy.com ship out of the United States?

2. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    dealextreme/volumerate is your best bet.

Free shipping and each R4 is $32! It takes awhile to get here so don't expect it by christmas.

I am curious, why do you need TEN R4s?

3. Nero

Member Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

United States
    Probably to make a profit by selling it to people at his school. Just my thought.

~Nero

4. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    I should do that. That sounds like a great idea. With the profit I could buy myself a AceKard RPG. [​IMG] But then when the people go to find ROMs for their R4 they will find out that they have been ripped off and beat this poor guy up!

Do people at your school have R4s? I know many people in my school bring their DS daily but all are legit gamers. ONLY ONE PERSON I KNOW HAS AN R4 in my school.

5. Nero

Member Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

United States
    Please answer my question.

To answer your question, no. NO ONE, absolutely no one knows about the DS/GBA Scene.
    I'd keep it that way, because the people that buy the real games at my school, support the developers. [​IMG]

~Nero

6. six-five-two
    OP

Canada
    Doesn't Dealextreme/VolumeRate ship from China, then wouldn't there be duty fees?

7. TaeK

Member TaeK GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I never had to pay duties (ship to UK) They always mark is as a "gift".

8. iritegood

Member iritegood GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm not sure about all the legal issues. But when I got my R4 from DealExtreme, it came from Hong Kong. And it only cost me $32 +free shipping.

9. six-five-two
    OP

Canada
    Don't forget I am buying... 10 of them! So I think they charge duty fees with prices over $200 or something.

10. iritegood

Member iritegood GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    That's true...
    If you need a site that ships from the US, I bought my M3DSS (relabeled R4) from nxpgame.com. If you use the coupon code 'a2007' you get 10% off.

11. six-five-two
    OP

Canada
    I don't think nxpgame has them in stock anymore, the R4's are removed from the website or something, unless someone gives me a direct link, I can't seem to find anything there.

12. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    ya the only people ive ever heard talk about the GBA/DS hombrew and/or moonshell is one guy in gamestop. thats the only guy ive ever met in poson whos ever heard of such a thing.

no one at my school would buy them...psp and consoles dominate...

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  13. six-five-two
    OP

Canada
    Well I know it is a bit more, but to avoid duty with Volume Rate, I just bought 10 of them from Real Hot Stuff, so they are out of stock again. Sorry.

14. chilko

Newcomer chilko Member

Bulgaria
    i just got 5 r4 from volumerate. they arrived in 2 days with dhl and to avoid customs taxes they are marked as flash samples with total cost of $15
    [​IMG]

15. Professor Chaos

Newcomer Professor Chaos Newbie

Canada
    You shouldn't worry too much about duty fees coming from DealExtreme. They marked my purchase of $60 CND as a gift of a total value of 45 HKD, which is currently equivalent to... less than $6 Canadian dollar ! (Not sure about VolumeRate though but I guess they should do the same.) And you should know that any items imported and marked as gift worth less than $60 don't have duty fees associated with them.

"If you receive an imported gift by mail and it's worth $60 CAN or less, you don't have to pay duty or tax."

For more info, here's the official source: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/courier/...uty_free-e.html

In fact, I wouldn't buy from "legit" US e-commerce stores since they will mark the real price on your package, and you would probably have to pay the duty fees then. Don't know where you got the idea that you wouldn't have to pay duty fees if it came from the US...

To answer your second question: "Buy.com ships within the continental United States, Alaska and Hawaii only. At this time we are unable to process International shipments and orders going to Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands."

Source : http://www.buy.com/corp/support/shipping/shipping_faqs.asp

16. Professor Chaos

Newcomer Professor Chaos Newbie

Canada
    EDIT: Sorry for the double post...

17. six-five-two
    OP

Canada
    Thanks for all your help so far but VolumeRate/DealExtreme isn't selling R4s anymore. RHS is out of stock aswell and Gameyeeeah seems to be gone, any other stores that is cheap or will give me a good discount for R4s?

18. six-five-two
    OP

Canada
    Sorry for a double post.

Will Gameyeeeah mark stuff as a cheap gift aswell?

19. changsheng

Banned changsheng Banned

United States
    yes,gameyeeeah also quote me gift price when i place my order,whose quantity is more than 30pcs.

It is extremly good when you get such high value but only get such low customer clearance quotion price.Also you do not worry their price,usually they will offer me a very competitive price.

Yeeeah gameyeeeah! [​IMG] [​IMG]