Hacking Cheapest R4 price being shipped out of the US?

six-five-two

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I need 10 R4's except buying from Gameyeeeah ships out from Hong Kong so they will charge duty when it enters the United States. So I need a store that ships from the United States and has the cheapest rates possible for an R4 (English Version) WITH NO MICROSD. Thanks!

Also, does buy.com ship out of the United States?

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dealextreme/volumerate is your best bet.

Free shipping and each R4 is $32! It takes awhile to get here so don't expect it by christmas.

I am curious, why do you need TEN R4s?

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Probably to make a profit by selling it to people at his school. Just my thought.

~Nero
I should do that. That sounds like a great idea. With the profit I could buy myself a AceKard RPG.
biggrin.gif
But then when the people go to find ROMs for their R4 they will find out that they have been ripped off and beat this poor guy up!

Do people at your school have R4s? I know many people in my school bring their DS daily but all are legit gamers. ONLY ONE PERSON I KNOW HAS AN R4 in my school.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Probably to make a profit by selling it to people at his school. Just my thought.

~Nero
I should do that. That sounds like a great idea. With the profit I could buy myself a AceKard RPG.
biggrin.gif
But then when the people go to find ROMs for their R4 they will find out that they have been ripped off and beat this poor guy up!

Do people at your school have R4s? I know many people in my school bring their DS daily but all are legit gamers. ONLY ONE PERSON I KNOW HAS AN R4 in my school.

Please answer my question.

To answer your question, no. NO ONE, absolutely no one knows about the DS/GBA Scene.
I'd keep it that way, because the people that buy the real games at my school, support the developers.
nyanya.gif

~Nero

six-five-two

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think nxpgame has them in stock anymore, the R4's are removed from the website or something, unless someone gives me a direct link, I can't seem to find anything there.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

~Nero

biggrin.gif

Please answer my question.

To answer your question, no. NO ONE, absolutely no one knows about the DS/GBA Scene.
I'd keep it that way, because the people that buy the real games at my school, support the developers.
nyanya.gif

~Nero

ya the only people ive ever heard talk about the GBA/DS hombrew and/or moonshell is one guy in gamestop. thats the only guy ive ever met in poson whos ever heard of such a thing.

no one at my school would buy them...psp and consoles dominate...

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

six-five-two

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I know it is a bit more, but to avoid duty with Volume Rate, I just bought 10 of them from Real Hot Stuff, so they are out of stock again. Sorry.

chilko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just got 5 r4 from volumerate. they arrived in 2 days with dhl and to avoid customs taxes they are marked as flash samples with total cost of $15
smile.gif

Professor Chaos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You shouldn't worry too much about duty fees coming from DealExtreme. They marked my purchase of $60 CND as a gift of a total value of 45 HKD, which is currently equivalent to... less than $6 Canadian dollar ! (Not sure about VolumeRate though but I guess they should do the same.) And you should know that any items imported and marked as gift worth less than $60 don't have duty fees associated with them.

"If you receive an imported gift by mail and it's worth $60 CAN or less, you don't have to pay duty or tax."

For more info, here's the official source: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/courier/...uty_free-e.html

In fact, I wouldn't buy from "legit" US e-commerce stores since they will mark the real price on your package, and you would probably have to pay the duty fees then. Don't know where you got the idea that you wouldn't have to pay duty fees if it came from the US...

To answer your second question: "Buy.com ships within the continental United States, Alaska and Hawaii only. At this time we are unable to process International shipments and orders going to Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands."

Source : http://www.buy.com/corp/support/shipping/shipping_faqs.asp

six-five-two

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for all your help so far but VolumeRate/DealExtreme isn't selling R4s anymore. RHS is out of stock aswell and Gameyeeeah seems to be gone, any other stores that is cheap or will give me a good discount for R4s?

six-five-two

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You shouldn't worry too much about duty fees coming from DealExtreme. They marked my purchase of $60 CND as a gift of a total value of 45 HKD, which is currently equivalent to... less than $6 Canadian dollar ! (Not sure about VolumeRate though but I guess they should do the same.) And you should know that any items imported and marked as gift worth less than $60 don't have duty fees associated with them.

"If you receive an imported gift by mail and it's worth $60 CAN or less, you don't have to pay duty or tax."

Sorry for a double post.

Will Gameyeeeah mark stuff as a cheap gift aswell?

changsheng

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.etronixmart.com
XP
Country
United States
yes,gameyeeeah also quote me gift price when i place my order,whose quantity is more than 30pcs.

It is extremly good when you get such high value but only get such low customer clearance quotion price.Also you do not worry their price,usually they will offer me a very competitive price.

Yeeeah gameyeeeah!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel