Hacking Cheapest GBA Flashcart that's good?

Fulcaire

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Topic title.
What's the cheapest GBA flashcart that's good?
Plus, where should I buy it?

I want to buy the G6 Lite but it's too expensive.
frown.gif

Oh ya, I want it to have internal space like I don't want to buy a memory card.

I also want to know if its compatible with M3 DS Simply. [Slot 2]

Propionation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EZ Flash's 3 in 1 expansion pack.

GBA games and the Ram pack work for the M3 simply.

Rumble doesn't work only for the EZ V tentatively.

$22 at realhotstuff.com highly recommend them. Ship from New Jersey, USA.

hevyhomie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
another vote for ez flash 3in1(very cheap indeed for a gba type flash cart)
however the gba writing can be somewhat tedious, so you have to be patient
ram pack will be excellent for running emulators and you can also use the back-up for the web browser

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The 3-in-1 pack is good, I have one and I like it. It will only fit in a DS lite though; there is no replacement shell to make it fit an old style DS.

If you want to spend twice as much and be able to have a bunch of GBA games on the cart at once, the EZ-IV is a good choice. You'll need a microSD card, but it will still be less than a G6. You can't use the EZ-IV as a ram pack for the nintendo web browser though, if that matters.

If you really want internal memory, the G6 and the 3-in-1 are the only current carts that have it.

p.s. If you buy anything from realhotstuff.com, use the coupon code RHS07 for 5% off.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you're not using an EZ-V, every game will need to be patched individually for the 3-in-1 rumble to work. Currently, only metroid pinball & EBA have rumble patches, and the metroid pinball rumble patch causes some sound glitches.

If you want a rumble pack, the one made by eWin looks like the way to go.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=46636

Fulcaire

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank you!
One last question :

How many GBA games can you approximately fit onto the 3 in 1 expansion pack?

Plus, I looked at the quickstart guide..
Is this thing really complicated to use?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can currently only have one game on the 3-in-1 at a time, but this may change in the near future. It only has 32 megabytes of flash memory, so even if it becomes possible to put more than one game on it, it won't hold very many. The upside is that once you put a game on the 3-in-1 it works exactly like a regular GBA game, and it starts up instantly.

It's not complicated to use, but you do need to patch the GBA games with the EZ4 client to allow them to store saves.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
EZ Flash's 3 in 1 expansion pack is complete crap as it can only hold one gba game at a time and only has a small amount of memory, you can go for the EZ flash 4 mini SD but you need a memory card, i would truly say go for a G6 lite but as you said it's pretty expensive but it's worth it as it has 512MB of data to put loads of gba games and tons of homebrew, if you are still interested in getting the G6 lite the cheapest you can get it is $87 from bamboogaming or real hot stuff for $87.99.

btw EZ Flash does not have a real time clock (for pokemon and boktai), just a warning, and i would also check out the reviews first to see if you really want the EZ flash.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=42399
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=34239
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=37100
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=32250

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme, shut up. You're a blatant G6 fanboy. The 3-in-1 is a perfectly good cart, and if I was going to spend over four times as much just for the ability to hold more games and a RTC I would want way more than 512MBs of storage.
If you're not going for the 3-in-1 for whatever reason, I'd say buy an M3 Lite or EZflash4deluxe.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the words good, supercard, and gba don't belong in the same sentence.

M3 perfect is decent, but if you want the best compatability you'll always have to go with one that has the flash memory built in. I'd suggest trying to find one that is $50 or less that has plenty of ram. I think there's some these days, but i'm not sure which is the best brand any more. I only own the old bung/visoly stuff and those work good. I'd just normally recommend getting an m3 perfect because although the compatability isn't 100%, it's still real high.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The M3 Perfect works with pretty much every major GBA release; I haven't had it fail on a single GBA game I've tested. It may have trouble with bratz or some other crap games that nobody cares about.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
EZ Flash's 3 in 1 expansion pack is complete crap as it can only hold one gba game at a time

Please don't make such ludicrous statements, your opinion is your own but do not use invalid excuses such as the fact it can only hold one gba game at a time. The reasons you feel make it 'complete crap' are actually the reasons it is so cheap and thus a good choice for those on a budget.

Ignoring that, from what I've heard the cart shows alot of promise and a price such as that for a cart that can play GBA games (even if it be only one at a time), work with the opera browser, and rumble features (which I anticipate will be only a matter of time with the hardwork members such as corey are putting in) all for $22 makes it an excellent choice for those on a budget wanting the full experience.

Edit: Also, the fact that it does not have an RTC is not as big of a problem as you would think. IPS patches are available for most games (mainly pokemon) which allow you to play regardless. Add to this the fact that an incredibly small minority of games actually use the RTC and you'll find it dosen't really matter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34