charging 3DS while using or not

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by askara, May 6, 2013.

1. askara
    OP

askara GBAtemp Regular

Feb 12, 2013
    i play most of time at home on my 3DS, so it is better to charge while playing or better to play till low battery then charge?

2. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    doesnt really matter, if you asking about battery health thats another thing

just so you know you will have to replace the battery's at some point in its life
    but all my gameboys right back to the Original still work perfect, so the system will live for a while

3. jomaper

jomaper Some random argie lost in the Internet.

Dec 17, 2012
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires
    Just don't turn it off at max charge nor let the battery run out very frecuently (once in a while it's ok)

4. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    turn 3DS's off?

i not sure i understand this term lol
    1 i have has been on since launch day and still to this day has not powered off, only reset

Ammako likes this.
  5. askara
    OP

askara GBAtemp Regular

Feb 12, 2013
    i am talking about the battery life, i mean i know stuff like dont charge fully and leave it for a long time or run flat, but i cant find anything about it is better to just plug in charge to play or use the battery and charge when needed.

6. Kouen Hasuki

Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    Doesn't matter it uses lithium ion which has no memory effect.

Just avoid deep discharges and you should be fine (when it shows low battery plug it in) however inversely remember to run it on the battery sometimes leaving it trickle charging can mess with the battery controller chip and make it drop outta sync with the real battery level.

So really just use it, occasional deep discharges are fine as long as its not every time and run it on battery only sometimes :)

Edit: Oh, Your Device will charge slower while being played and charged at the same time if you want to charge it faster turn it off

7. jomaper

jomaper Some random argie lost in the Internet.

Dec 17, 2012
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires
    Yeah... I had mine on for about a month because I was playing some DS games and I have a crappy dstwo (the bad batch :( ) so I left it on 24/7 until I won those games and got some 3DS ones.